Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Again

I didn't post yesterday. I was very busy. We went to church and later afterward many of us went to Pizza Hut to eat lunch. It had been a long time since I was in Pizza Hut. When I got home, I did my letters and then started my tuna salad for today's lunch/dinner. I watched some TV after the Living the Questions group meeting at Jack and Marilyn's. Finally I finished the tuna salad and then went on to bed and slept very well.

I got up this morning at 4:30. I went outside for awhile earlier in the morning but it was chilly so I came back in. It's hard to realize it's the 29th of July when the days have been so rainy and cool. It's forecast rain again this week. We are also under a flash flood watch.

I drank my leftover coffee and didn't make fresh this morning. I have an appointment with Dr. Eslicker scheduled but his office didn't call earlier to remind me so I'm not sure. I understood he was taking the summer off. I will call his office at 8:00 and check.

We have exercise class this morning too. If I find I have no appointment, I will attend the class. My arms have not been a problem for several days now and I am sleeping well.

More later....

I saw my family doctor this morning and he asked me about my arms. I told him I thought that deep aching was a thing of the past. I decided my decision to read the literature that came with my blood pressure medicine was key. Melissa, my former doctor who now practices at the Cherokee Clinic said it might take a month for the medicine to get completely out of my system and sure enough, about one month later, most all of the aching went away. I am taking a lot less of this new medicine too. I like that. I hate taking medicine. Almost everything, including common aspirin, has side effects. I only started taking blood pressure medicine this year. I don't have to see him again for six months. He asked me about my daughter, Leslie, and I told him she was doing fine but had the same philosophy as I held about doctors. The further away you can stay from them, the healthier you are. I'm quite sure he knows how I feel about doctors.

We had our tomato stuffed with tuna salad at noon. We ate it with crackers and cheese. It was good and I sent the remainder home with Bob. I will have a smoothie with yogurt if I need anything else this evening.

I sent my son his birthday card and a small surprise within it this morning. His birthday is Saturday the 3rd. He will be 58.

No comments: