Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Busy Saturday

This will be a busy Saturday. First Bob and I will go to breakfast at Eggberts. Then we will come back to our respective homes and do whatever needs to be done as chores before 10:00. Then at 10:00 we are going over to the car show at Tyro Christian Church. After that, we will go to Bartlesville to eat lunch at Dink's Bar B Q. It's been awhile since we've been to Dink's. Then we will look around the mall before coming back home to Coffeyville.

That should be a full day.

Monday is my great granddaughter's tenth birthday. I meant to get her card in the mail yesterday and forgot. I will send it today and it will be late. I always send her a dollar for each year.

More later....

Well it's been quite a day! I had loaned my car to Bob's daughter because theirs was in the shop. The shop has had it about a week. The mechanic did not get the head gasket today as he'd hoped. So they were going to need it longer. I had been worrying about that car they bought after Bob's Toyota Corolla was wrecked. It was in pretty bad shape and has been in the shop with one expensive repair after another since they bought it. They have to go to Topeka for Terry's doctor's appointments a couple of times a month and need reliable transportation. So after we looked at the car show this morning we went on down to Bartlesville and ate at Dink's. Then we went out to Bartlesville Honda to look at Honda Civics. I had looked several months ago before they bought the car they have now because if I could have found a 2005 or 2006 I was going to try to buy one. They had nothing older then a 2010 and I knew I couldn't pay for one of those so they ended up buying the one they have now that is constantly in the shop. It's going to have ahead gasket now. It just had a new radiator and thermostat.

This time I found a beautiful 2008 Honda Civic. It is an LX just like the one I have now except it has a lot more neat features. Bob and I had both been car salesmen in the past and we knew the ropes. And we told them that up front. I got them to come off their price $600. I went into finance there and found the payment would be $188 a month. I'm pretty sure I can swing that. So I bought it and brought it home. It is really nice. Then we went out to Denise and Terry's and told them what I can done. I told them if they decided they didn't want the 2001 I have now that I was sure I could sell it for the $2600 I gave for the down payment. Of course they wanted it. I will take a photo of the 2008 and post it here so you can all see it.

Dee can use the other one for her transportation to college nearby when they get it out of the shop.

Here it is:











5 comments:

ChuckFu said...

Did a 22.8 mile ride today, but still alive, down to 201 today, weight is slowly leave the old body

Margie's Musings said...

It takes awhile the older you get, Keith. But Hooray for you!

Balisha said...

What a pretty car...good for you, Margie.
Balisha

ChuckFu said...

Nice car mom, can you take some pictures of the interior, glad you got something nice and reliable now.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Keith. I was perfectly happy with my old Civic but am delighted with this one! I will take some photos of the interior. It only has 47,000 miles on it and it's six years old.

Thank you Balisha. I am pleased.