Thursday, September 12, 2013

Nice Cooler Thursday

This has been a nice day. It's only in the lower 80's and we have a chance for rain too. I doubt it's going to develop but I am still hoping.

I got up slightly after 5:00 this morning. I had a bowl and cereal and some coffee and read my e-mail. After awhile Bob came over. He had been to Lions Club. He joined today. I think it will be good for him to have some male companionship. I told him he shouldn't spend his waning days with only an old woman.

We went to "Just Us" in Cherryvale for lunch. As usual it was good.

He is taking a nap over there at his house. In a little while I will borrow his car and go out to Wal Mart. I need a few things now. I'm going to put some ground beef in the frig for meatloaf on Saturday. Tomorrow, we will have the rest of our tuna noodle casserole.

I finished my autobiography of Billy Crystal. It was a little profane at first but got less so as the book proceeded. He has been married over 40 years to the same woman and is a devoted father and grandfather. You can cut someone that dedicated a little slack.

http://www.amazon.com/Still-Foolin-Em-Where-Going/dp/0805098208/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379011217&sr=8-1&keywords=billy+crystal+still+foolin+em#reader_0805098208

More later....

Dinner, at "Just Us" was usual, was very good.

Well, I went to Wal Mart in Bob's car this afternoon and spent $86.00. Wow! It had been awhile since I had bought a lot of groceries. Tonight I will just watch TV tonight.

In the morning I will go back to Independence to get my hair done for the weekend. Then Bob and I will go to Tyro to the car show. After that we will come home and I will fix a meatloaf, potatoes, veggies and salad. I have cupcakes for dessert.

No comments: