Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Payday Wednesday

I get my social security today. It is always the second Wednesday of the month. Now I can pay some bills. Bob used to get his social security on the 3rd of the month and that was really handy. Most of my bills come due, including my Blue Cross Blue Shield supplement, before I even get my social security and I have to transfer some money from my savings to cover them. Then after it finally comes, I transfer it back.

Bob and I went up to Sirloin Stockade last evening and had their six ounce sirloin steak and a baked potato. Neither of us felt full from lunch. It was good and we enjoyed the outing.

I was able to put my contacts in today. My eye is feeling normal again and the swelling and redness is gone. That was a bad experience and I will be extra careful from now on.

We will have exercise class this morning. My arms are a little sore already. I carried two 40 pound bottles of water into the church yesterday afternoon and that must have been hard on them. I will be extra careful today.

I am fixing a tuna noodle casserole for lunch/dinner today. We will have a veggie and a salad with it. I have pudding for dessert. My tuna noodle casserole is pretty easy. I "like" easy.

Here is the recipe:

1 can of cream of celery soup

1/2 cup milk

2 cups of cooked noodles

1 7 oz can of tuna drained and flaked

2 T diced pimento

2 T chopped parsley

2 T buttered bread crumbs

Blend the soup with the milk. Add noodles, tuna, pimento, and parsley. Pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, top with crumbs and bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling. This makes 4 servings.

I try to rotate my meat dishes: tuna, chicken, pork, and beef. I don't like the way salmon smells up the house or I would fix it occasionally too. I use a lot of Judy's recipes too taken from her website. If you haven't already done so, check that site out. It's got some great recipes.

I loaned my car to Bob's daughter for a few days. Theirs is in the shop. So when I need to go somewhere, I use Bob's car.

After lunch, I borrowed Bob's car and went back to the senior center to play Bunko. This was my first time and I really liked the game.

2 comments:

Betty said...

I get my check on the second Wednesday, too, and I hate it. It throws everything off. I thought I might get used to it, but I have given up on that.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Betty.