Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday Hair Appointment

Bob came over this morning to take me to Independence for my hair appointment. It was supposed to have iced over but the ice did not arrive. He took me anyhow. I got up later then usual. I awoke at 3:30 and almost never got back to sleep. When I finally did, I awoke again at 5:30 so I got up and immediately dressed and made up my face. I warmed up a biscuit and made some fresh coffee for my breakfast.

We got up to Independence without incident. This is the time of year when there are lots of deer out and we watched carefully for them.

In about 45 minutes we will leave for our exercise class.

Today I will fix chicken tenders for lunch. We will have them and mashed potatoes and gravy, salad and veggies. Then we will have pudding and cookies for dessert. That should hold us. I will send the leftovers home with Bob. He will eat them at supper time.

I had a really good visit with Gay yesterday. She had a coupon so she bought lunch. We had pizza at Pizza Hut. We visited from 11:45 until 3:10....a long visit. We had a lot to catch up on.

Nancy wrote to me yesterday. She wanted to have lunch sometime. We used to be good friends when we lived in Caney. She lost her husband right after I lost Bob. He had a successful surgery but then got a staph infection in the hospital and died of that. That was a tragedy. He was a very good husband to Nancy.

Anyhow, when I get back from Hawaii, she wants to meet for lunch. I will give her a call then. I called her last night and updated her on my move, etc.

Today I was thinking about what I was doing when Kennedy was killed 50 years ago. Scott was almost three years old and Leslie was in first grade at six and Keith was eight. I had gone to visit a friend, Paula, and was going to go home so I would be there when the two oldest kids came home from school. On the way home, I turned on the radio and heard about the president getting shot. I picked up the kids (school was let out early) and went back to Paula's and said, "Quick, turn on the TV." She did and we watched the newscasts all afternoon. Then I went home to fix dinner for Bob. We were all in shock.

I suppose everyone would know where they were when he was shot. A couple of years ago, Paula was crossing the road at her home to get the mail from her mailbox and was hit and killed by a car. Everything changes. Life is unpredictable.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

I think that so many of us are remembering back 50 yrs. today. We were a nation of innocents at that time and things changed after that tragic day.Eveyone came together and held on to each other for a while. I remember being so proud to cast my first vote for him.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I voted for him too. It's an entirely different world today. Those were innocent days.