Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Another Cold Tuesday

It's another cold day. I do not like winter. I just look forward to spring with great anticipation. And its a month and a half away.  The cold goes right through my bones. I believe it is 18 degrees this morning. And it will be doing well to get above freezing.

I tried to order a couple of Euro pillows this morning from Penneys. They would not accept my Penneys credit card number...why I don't know. When I order anything I always pay in full before thirty days is up. I've had a lot of trouble with Penneys since I moved anyhow. First they lost the bamboo blind I ordered for my living room here. Then they lost a coverlet I had ordered but billed me for it anyhow. I called them about that and was told they knew it was lost in the mail and when I asked them why they didn't contact me if they knew that, I was told they simply couldn't call everyone whose order was lost in the mail. They managed to bill me for it anyhow. I scolded them for that and they took it off my bill. Now, they don't accept their own credit card number. I just closed the window with disgust. I will get the Euro pillows at one of their stores next time I'm there. I may go there while I'm in Independence, Missouri next weekend.

I will go to Independence and get my hair done today. It is a mess...too much wind.  I want to make stew today for lunch. I will have garlic bread with it.

More later....

I got my hair done a little early and got home in time to go with Bob to his doctor's appointment. We got home late but I had already made the stew so all I had to do was heat up the oven for the bread and pour some frozen fruit into dishes for dessert.

I baked cookies this afternoon after I got an hour's rest.  Bob will be coming over this evening after 6:00 to watch TV with me.  Since he's taking care of Missy for me while I'm gone this weekend, I will give him permission to eat some cookies as a reward. :) I got all the dishes caught up and then emptied the dishwasher.

Wow!

Missy just got sick and lost all the cat food she had just eaten. Luckily she was in the kitchen and so I grabbed some paper towels and the cleaner and got it right up. She was still choking a bit so I let her out for a little while. What now?


2 comments:

Balisha said...

I'll have to check on what a Euro pillow is. I don't understand Penney's either. I have trouble navigating their website...just don't bother with it sometimes.
Have a nice day...stay warm.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

A Eura pillow is square. The new bolsters are square and my pillows are oblong.