Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday Hamburger Day

This is another really cold morning. It's 12 degrees out there. I called Bob a little while ago and suggested hamburgers and french fries for our lunch today. He will bring the buns. I have hamburger patties and have them thawing now. John and Leslie provide them so they are really good lean home grown beef.  I have potatoes for the french fries. He also has coke for our drink. I have set the table already.

We will leave about 8:45 for our exercise class. I slept differently last night. I watched the president's speech last night and went to bed about 9:30. Bob was over earlier in the evening and we had wine and cookies and watched a couple of episodes of The Big Bang Theory before he went home. I woke up at 1:15 and thought I would never get back to sleep. Finally I got up and drank some warm milk and got right back to sleep and slept until 6:30.

I thought the president's speech was good. He is very articulate. And he made himself very clear to Congress. He wants to work with them but if they don't want to help, he will use his presidential powers and just accomplish what he can with just his signature. All presidents have to revert to that eventually to get anything accomplished and this president has used those powers less then anyone since Grover Cleveland.

Oh, by the way, Missy must have just overloaded her stomach. She didn't get sick again last evening. 

More later.....

No comments: