Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Day 2014

It's going to seem odd to print 2014 on everything now. I hope I put the correct year on my rent check.

We tried to stay up later last night. They reran the first segment of  "Entertainment Tonight" on one of the movie channels and we watched it stayed up until 10:00 to try to see the New Year in but we just couldn't do it. Bob went home and I took my bath and put my PJ's on and went to bed about 10:30.

I slept well until about 2:00 AM and then some noises woke me up. I think it was Jeannie in the next apartment up banging drawers. At least that's what it sounded like. I seldom hear Jeannie but I sure did last night. It took me awhile to get back to sleep but when I did, I slept until 6:15. It's a wonder Bob didn't call to check on me.

I will fix our lasagna this morning and may fix it early so I won't feel pressed to get it finished.  We have no plans for the day. Yesterday after my hair appointment we ate at Great China in Independence and that should do for the week on eating out.

I would like to clean this afternoon. It's been well over a week and I also want to change my bed today.  I had thought I would wait until my mattress topper arrived but I may just go ahead and change it today instead. I did get notification that they shipped it yesterday. But it will probably be Tuesday before it arrives.

I have Living the Questions group Sunday evening and was wondering what to serve. I think I'll serve Deb's Fruit Cobbler with ice cream.

More later....

3 comments:

ChuckFu said...

Happy New Years mom, Love you very much

Sylvia K said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year, Margie!! Enjoy!
Sylvia

Margie's Musings said...

And a Happy New Year to all of you who read here!

Thanks for dropping by!