Saturday, January 4, 2014

Another Cold Saturday!

I haven't checked the temperature yet but it looks very cold out there.It didn't snow...yet.  But it appears to have rained. In about fifteen minutes Bob and I will go to Eggberts for breakfast. Then I will see if there is ice on that rain.

We went to Bartlesville yesterday and  I bought my make up base and received a gift box from the Merle Norman woman who manages that store down there. She is wanting my business. After that, we went to Bob's cancer doctor's office and he got an order for his lab work. He has latent lymphoma.   He has had it for several years now but it is not growing or going anywhere. He has tests every year to watch it.  Anyhow, after that, we went to the mall and walked around. Then we went to McCalister's and had our soup and half sandwich. We got home fairly early and he went home for his nap and I took one myself.

Later Bob came back over for wine and to watch the news. Afterward we tried to watch the Cotton Bowl but we both got too sleepy to finish. I took my bath and stayed up until the fourth quarter but I just couldn't make it to the end. He will have to tell me how the score ended. When I went to bed, they were tied. 

I changed my bed yesterday even though the new mattress topper has not yet arrived. I have no idea how long that will take. It was shipped several days ago. I hope it has not been lost in the mail. That seems to happen quite a lot anymore. And yet, this month our postage will go up three cents....they say temporarily but I'll almost bet money they like the added income and continue it. They pass all raises on the first class postage instead of raising postage on junk mail. All that does is assure folks will not use snail mail as much. They don't seem to use much common sense at the postal service though. They are dependent on a Congress that also has not much common sense.

I have a couple of 20% off coupons for our breakfast this morning. I get them from the cash register tape at Country Mart, our grocery store here. The coupon also has a "free coffee" deal on it. So we will get our breakfasts a little cheaper this morning.

Later...

We have been issued a winter weather advisory this afternoon. We are expecting temperatures well below zero and blowing snow fall from one to three inches by morning. This is supposed to begin around 7:00 this evening.   It is supposed to taper off tomorrow morning by 3:00 AM.  Roads will be slick and northerly winds will be fierce with wind chills up to 20 below zero causing roads to become snow packed and slick. . We are warned to use caution while driving. Visibility will be poor because of snow and blowing snow.  Southeast Kansas is not prepared for any harsh winter weather. There are few snow plows so the roads are generally treacherous. . .

No comments: