Monday, March 24, 2014

A Cold Spring Monday

This morning it is 30 degrees. The house was cold last night. I had turned the heat down to 60. I slept through the night without waking up until 4:00. Nothing hurt for a change.  The wind is going to change today to a north west wind. That will be cold.

We have exercise class today at 9:00. Then I will come home and fix hamburger pie for lunch. I will fix a veggie and Bob will bring a salad of some kind. We will have hot tea with butterscotch pudding and cookies for dessert.

Scott called last night and we had a nice visit. He is looking forward to a trip to Savannah in May for his daughter's birthday and to look around for an area that he will want to live when he gets out of the army in  December.   

I watched Cosmos last night after Bob left. At least I caught the last twenty minutes of it. Neil deGrasse Tyson narrated it. It was interesting. I will try to catch it on Sunday evenings at 7:00 PM on channel 4. At least it is educational and not just stupid reality shows or terrible violence.  There is so little on TV that I am interested in anymore. I will not miss all those channels Mr. Bishop provided us. A week from today will be the last of the TV he has provided.  My starter package of 16 channels starts on Tuesday next week.

More later...

We went to exercise class this morning and I came home to work on staffing for the reunion.  I got one more staff member.  Now I need a campfire director, a teacher for the 3s and 4s. and a music director. I could also use a person to do the devotions at the flag pole in the mornings.  Little by little we're getting there.

Bob came over this evening for wine and cookies. He left at 7:30 when he got very sleepy. I took my bath and put my pjs on and put lotion on my feet. After about 9:00, I went to bed.


2 comments:

marlu said...

We have way too many channels we don't want in order to get the few we do like. . .too bad we can't choose our own "tier."
Remember the phrase: a vast wasteland? I think Newton Minnow said that of tv many years ago.
There are a few good things but you have to search through a lot of bad stuff!

Margie's Musings said...

There are very few good channels, Marlu. TV is now that vast wasteland for sure.