Sunday, March 23, 2014

Another Cold Sunday

I wish the weather would make up it's mind. It's cold again this morning.  It's 29 degrees. The high will be only around 50 degrees.

I slept fairly well last night. I woke up at 12:30 but got right back to sleep. I got up at 4:45. My right arm hurt and my back hurt.  It's better now that I've been up awhile. But my right arm still hurts. Getting old is not for sissies...that's for sure.

Bob and I will go to church this morning and afterward eat out with some of the members.  I will take Bill's church school class. He has to work all day today.

Today we will decide if we are going to continue providing cakes for the Independence First Christian Church.  The last time I took them up I only had four. I think the other five were forgotten.  The announcement was not on the bulletin.  We've done this for several years and I think some of the members are tired of the project. Too bad! It's been a really appreciated project. They serve around 200 people every Tuesday evening.

Marilyn called last night. She and Karan have decided to postpone our Living the Questions group meeting until next Sunday evening at 7:00 PM. Marilyn has company  this weekend.  That will give me a quiet Sunday evening here at home. I will watch 60 Minutes tonight. Next weekend is the annual Women's Retreat at the campgrounds of our church. We will be back Sunday afternoon in time for the group meeting that night. Bob will take care of Missy but she will not be happy being left alone.

I forgot to run the dishwasher yesterday so I am running it this morning.  Monday I will fix Cheesy Hamburger Pie for lunch. We will have a veggie with it and a salad of some sort and hot tea. Maybe I will fix some butterscotch pudding for dessert and I may bake cookies. 

More later...

I took a short nap and then made cookies.

Bob came over this evening to watch TV and have wine and cookies.  He stayed until 8:00. Then I took my bath and came in to work on the staffing of camp this summer.


1 comment:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

We are back to the very cold weather here as well. Brrrr....