Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Changes on Wednesday

I was correct in thinking there would be changes now that the property was sold on Monday. Yesterday we received a letter advising us to have the TV cable put in our own names by the1st. Even the next smallest package is an extra $40.00 plus tax that I do not have in my budget. I went up yesterday afternoon and arranged for a change in the package. They will come out on the 31st and install a box. 

Today we will have exercise class and I will put a small roast on in the slow cooker for lunch.  I will add the potatoes and have a veggie. Bob will bring coleslaw. and I have some pudding made for dessert.

This evening, I have PINCH meeting. Now I am no longer the chair since the elections and so I have no real responsibility.  But I will attend. This group was very important to my Bob and I have made some real friends in the black community since joining after Bob died.

More later....

After exercise class we are going back up to Cox Communications and Bob will change his TV over to his own name.  I am going to try to go with the starter package to save another $10.00 if it doesn't require a box.

I also cancelled my Friday hair appointment. That will save me $50.00 a month.

I called the new apartment manager this afternoon to ask if they were going to start mowing soon to mulch the leaves and she told me they found that the insurance had not been updated for years and was going to cost a lot more then they thought. She asked me if I knew what the apartments on the east rented for and I told her I only knew about two. One was $385. and the other was $400.  Maureen told me they only raise the rent when they get a new renter in there.

It appears they intend to raise our rent too. I will have to move if they do that. I am stretched to the utmost bounds now.

8 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Isn't it awful what they charge for cable, phone, basic services nowadays :(

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is. And there's absolutely nothing worth watching except PBS and the news.

ChuckFu said...

Here in Phoenix, we don't subscribe to any tv provider we get about 60 station straight off our Antenna, and purchased 2 Tivo's to record the show we watch, our favorite one are the old tv shows, Jack Benny Program, Three stooges, the Honey Mooners, F troop and of course MASH

Margie's Musings said...

That's great. But we're out in the boonies and can't even get a Kansas station.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried watching Netflix or Amazon Prime? They can be a good alternative to having cable and much less expensive.

Margie's Musings said...

No, Siz, I haven't. I don't have high definition TV.

pat m said...

You don't need high definition for netflix...as for the news I just get it from the computer...lots of ways to by pass cable

Nancy said...

We gave up cable three years ago. It has been a painless transition with an antenna and Netflix. My husband says we have saved about $3600. Now, I can easily justify my haircuts and highlighting appointments. Seriously, check Netflix out.