Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Again

Obviously, I was so busy yesterday that I never got around to blogging.

First we went to church and afterward ate together at El Pueblito. Then I came home and did my congregational letters. It was quite a challenge.  I did the letter on the laptop and then sent it to the desktop where it could be printed. First I had to close Outlook Express on the laptop so I could download it on webmail in the den on the desktop. Outlook on the desktop still doesn't work. That worked alright. although I had to copy and paste it into Word before printing it off. Webmail added some strange symbols that I had to delete.  Weird and complicated. The laptop no longer can print to the printer and the desktop has no working Outlook mail program.

After that was finished,  I baked my dessert. It was an apple caramel dessert with a glaze on it. It went over beautifully with everyone who came. I had ten in my small living room.  Karan helped me serve and that was very helpful. I had butter brinkle ice cream for Joyce and Keith who are sensitive to wheat. After everyone left, Bob helped me put the extra chairs away. 

I did the dishes after everyone left. I got to bed about 9:30 and slept through the night. Nothing hurt for a change.

Today we will go to exercise and afterward I will come home and cook lunch. We will have tuna noodle casserole with peas and a salad or applesauce with it. I have some of last night's dessert left over for dessert.  We will also have herb tea with lunch as we always do.

I am getting a list together for groceries. I will wait until Wednesday, when my social security comes in to shop.

We are due for some springlike weather here in southeast Kansas. I am looking forward to it. It's supposed to be in the 70's this week.  Maybe I can get the rest of those leaves raked up and bagged.

More later....

3 comments:

Balisha said...

We've waited so long for spring weather. Everyone will probably over do it at first in the gardens.I almost cheered today, when I saw grass..Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I know what you mean!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Baking dessert sounded much more fun that dealing with computer difficulties! :) We had one warm day ( yesterday ) now it has poured down rain all morning and it is already so muddy :( BUT! It will all turn to ice later, lol, ugh! :) :)