Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saturday and Flowers

I slept badly last night. I awoke at midnight and could not get back to sleep. Finally I got up at 3:00 AM and took some warm milk and a Melatonin but that did not help. Then it began to rain about 4:00 and I got back to sleep then and slept until 6:00 AM. What a mess!

At 7:00 I was dressed and went to the Lion's Club pancake breakfast but did not feel very energetic at all.

I took some photos of my flowers in front of the apartment  but am unable to access them on the camera for some reason. They did download on the laptop theough so I will attempt to post them here. I still have the large flowerbed to do but it is soaked right now from the rain so I will wait until it dries out.

Here is the front of the apartment. Before I moved in last year, this area was just blank.

More later....

Bob and I were so full from the pancakes that we didn't eat until 2:00 PM and then we went to Arby's for a roast beef sandwich. I didn't cook today. 

I read most of the day. I didn't have much energy. I want to stay up until at least 9:00 this evening so I can sleep well tonight. 

5 comments:

Balisha said...

I always love geraniums. Your's look especially nice in front of that red brick. Good job!
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your geranium planters make it look so cheery there! I am sure everyone that sees them enjoys them. Looking forward to seeing your other flowers when you are able to plant them.

Do you think that your sleep issues may be affected by your thyroid medicine. I think that the medicine I take for my underactive thyroid affects my sleep. Have had sleep issues since being diagnosed with Graves Disease several years ago. Hardly slept at all when thyroid was overactive. They treated the overactive thyroid, and now I have very underactive thyroid. Must take meds for the rest of my life. I think the meds affect my sleep depending upon at what time I take them. Do you find they affect you?

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

The geraniums look beautiful there and now you have made me want pancakes for breakfast! I shall have to rummage through the cupboard and see if I have any Bisquick left! :)

Margie's Musings said...

Susie, I don't know if the thyroid med is what is causing my sleeplessness or not. But I know I have to take that med.

I take them in the middle of the night when I awake to go to the bathroom.