Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Sunday

Its Easter Sunday and I am still trying to figure out this time-bake feature on the range Cyndi gave me.  I am afraid it is going to come on too soon and not go off until I have it programmed to go off...in which case the ham will be ruined. I may take my own car to church and run home to check it out. I have my daughter and son-in-law coming besides my brother-in-law. I sure want that ham to be just fine.

I awoke at 3:00 this morning and was aching all over and having trouble getting back to sleep so I got up and drank a glass of milk with an Aleve. That helped and I slept until 6:00. That Aleve really works for me.  I just don't use it a lot. Like all medications, it has lots of side effects.

More later....

Our dinner was very good. Unfortunately, the oven didn't start up on time bake.   So I manually started it and we heated up the fully cooked ham.  We had the potato salad I fixed yesterday. and Bob brought coleslaw and deviled eggs. Leslie brought vanilla ice cream to go with her apple cobbler. Everything was good and I had enough to send some home with John and Leslie as well as Bob A. Then I took some over to Bobby too.  Karan is on a diet and Bobby doesn't mind eating our leftovers . That's helpful when I make too much food.

I finally got my letters done for this Sunday. I will put them out on the mailbox tomorrow for the mailman to pick up.

It's been a busy day. I got a short nap this afternoon. Bob came over this evening and ate a bowl of ice cream with me and then we watched some of the reruns of 60 Minutes and The Big Bang Theory.  We saved the wine for tomorrow. Bob went home about 8:00. . .

2 comments:

Sue said...

I am enjoying your diary blog. My husband has cousins in Eastern Kansas. We enjoying hearing about your life there.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you! And thank you for visiting my blog, Sue.