Friday, July 25, 2014

A Bad Day Friday

My TV went out yesterday morning while I was sweeping off the carport.  I thought it was the cable but it turned out to be the TV.  When I called Cox, I also told them about Bob's remote which he had been having problems with. Cox then sent me a new remote for Bob, whose remote is actually wearing out. Then I got the confirmation for the package they had sent and after that I got an e-mail for information on an update on my account information.

This has been a horrible day. Late last night I realized I had been scammed and had accidentally given up too much information to a site I thought was my Cox Communication.  So I called them back this morning (after not sleeping much last night) and discovered it was not Cox that contacted me for information. Then I went to the bank and cancelled my account and opened a new one.

Then I spent the morning calling Social Security, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Prudential to give them the new account information. Then I contacted the credit rating services and turned a hoax alert.  

Then the cable man came to try to find out why my cable was not working. He discovered the TV coaxial input was out on my TV.  I had discovered yesterday that I could bundle my internet and cable services and save money. The cable guy said the cable box would work as the coaxial input I had lost on the TV set. I will just have to use the Video 2 setting on the TV instead of antenna/cable. I have my DVD set up on Video 1 to watch DVDs and movies.  If that works, that's what I will do instead of buying a new TV.  This TV was bought in 1991 so it has lots of mileage on it and it isn't high definition but if it will work with the cable box, I will save the money. Bob came over after the cable guy left and we went to lunch.

More later...

For a change, I went over to Bob's apartment to watch TV and stayed until 9:00. We also had our wine over there. Then I came home and took my bath and played computer games until 9:30.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Oh dear....we have to be so careful these days. You never know who's out there just cooking up schemes to get information out of us.
Hopefully the steps you took will solve the problem.
Rest well,
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I hope so, Balisha. It was foolish of me to finish the form when it asked for such personal information.