Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wednesday Bus Trip

Today is our trip to Kansas City to the dinner theater to see Smokey Joe and it should be a scorcher of a day.  Here in Coffeyville we are still under a heat advisory and have been for three days. The temperature has been in the upper 90's and it's very humid heat which makes it even worse.

I watched PBS last night. I had read the book "Capone" and last night there was a special about him.  There was also one on the disappearance of that labor leader (whose name will not come to me right now) who disappeared mysteriously some years back. He was connected to the mob.

I slept well last night. I awoke about 4:15 but managed to get back to sleep until quarter till five.

I am waiting today for a call from Safehouse about a job interview. I never did hear from the college and neither did Aime.  Their new HR person is not on the ball at all. She neither answers her e-mails nor her voice mails. Aime tried both twice. I am not enthusiastic about the Safehouse job. I don't know what it is yet but I do know I don't want to get between an angry spouse and his wife in this violent society. I should hear from them today for an appointment. I will take the Dalton Defender's Museum job only as a last resort. The hours are not very convenient for me.

More later...

This is a photo  of my eldest son, Keith, and his wife, Esther.  I talked to him at length yesterday. He is always concerned about his brother, who is still searching for the "right woman".  Keith found his in church.  I am hoping Scott will look there too when he locates in Savannah.

No comments: