Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cake Tuesday Again

We've had a hiatus of three weeks since we've needed to take cakes to Independence. The cooks took a break for a vacation. Now I have four cakes to take up.  Bob and I will leave in about 30 minutes.

He's going to go with me because we want to look at the Independence Wal Mart store for their $3.99  back packs for the school supplies we will buy for the kids whose parents cannot afford all that expense. This year our congregation wants to provide 30 for our back pack party. Last year we did 24.  Bob and will eat at Big Cheese and then I will go over to Juanita's to help her balance her checkbook.  While I do that, Bob will take my car and go see his sister, Betty, who lives up there.

I am still waiting for a call from the college for an appointment for an interview.  They have a receptionist job I am interested in interviewing for. I interviewed at the Dalton Defenders Museum yesterday and they want me. The hours are strange though. They are Monday 10:00-4:00, Tuesday 10:00-1:00, Wednesday 10:00-1:00 and Thursday 10:00-4:00. I cannot leave at 1:00 or 4:00 if there are people in the museum. I would have to stay over until they leave. I cook lunch at noon every day and really would rather not eat my big meal after 4:00.  I don't sleep well with a lot of food in my stomach.  So I am still interested in the receptionist job at the college too.  It may be mornings only five days a week or afternoons only five days a week.

Tomorrow we will be in Kansas City for the dinner theater.  We leave at 7:15 and don't get back until evening.  It will be a big day.

No comments: