Monday, July 28, 2014

A Crowded Monday

This will be another busy day. I must call Cox back and order the bundled package if I want any TV again. Then I must make a decision about going back to work. I hope I hear from Safe House today.  I probably will take the opening at the Dalton Defenders Museum. I sure don't like the hours. It ruins the morning for getting anything done at home and the afternoon as well.  I wish it was either mornings or afternoons but not a part of both.

We had a nice group last night. Becky and Keith and Joyce didn't come but the others all came....including Marilyn, who just lost her husband this month.  We will have the next meeting on the 10th of August at her house.

The other Richard came last night for the first time in months. So Richard and Mona and their 14 year old son, Rami, were here and Bob and me, Marilyn,  and just Bobby (Karan is down at St. George Island visiting Gretchen). I think there were eight in all. That's not bad for my small apartment.  We watched one segment of the video  "Painting the Stars" and had a discussion. Then I served my Blueberry dump cake and it went over well.

I got to bed about 9:30.

I have invited Bobby to come to lunch with Bob and me today. He said he would come. I am considering asking Marilyn again. I asked her once and she couldn't come then. Her son, David, was in town to take her to lunch that day. But she asked me to ask her again.  I may ask her if she is at exercise class today.

I stripped my bed today and am doing that laundry. I need to wash Missy's white afghan but don't have anything to put in with it but the towels. I guess I will do that though.

More later....


I learned today that I do not get the “deal” I was told about last week with my TV package.  Josh brought me a box and installed it today. I have the Economy package along with my Starter package  but I do have a lot of extra channels just no movie channel That deal was for “new” customers.  I am an old customer.

But with the box, I do have TV again now….and music too. My new bill, with the internet which is $29.99, will be $74.75 instead of $58.88. But that is still cheaper then buying a new TV.

Now I have Marilyn and Bobby as well as Bob coming for lunch. I had better get that casserole dish in the oven. 

The dinner turned out well. After lunch Bob and I mowed the yard. It looks real nice now. At least the front and my side (back) yard do. We still have his large back yard to do but I get my hair done in the morning so I do not want to mow after that. We also tried to program his new remote.  Finally we called in Josh to do it.

Tonight he came over and we watched the news and one episode of Big Bang Theory. Then he went home and I took my bath and put my clean PJs on and am catching up this blog.

I was going to schedule my electric bill to be paid this afternoon but I just happened to notice  they still had my old bank account number on the bill pay. So I have another something to follow up on tomorrow. What a mess!

4 comments:

Balisha said...

Have a nice day....hope your job comes through before you take the other one.
Balisha

marlu said...

I always think it's reverse thinking to offer the best deals to new customers. How about the loyal customers that have been with them since they started offering services in the area??
Oh well, if the new ones stick with them, someday they will be "old customers" too!

Margie's Musings said...

Years ago, when my daughter was first paying for Bob and my cell phones and it was costing her $20 for each of us additional.

I heard on the radio they were offering new customers $10.00 for family members. She called them and told them she was one of their first customers and she did not think that was right. They gave her the $10.00 each deal. Sometimes you just have to complain.

marlu said...

Yes, you are right. A few years ago our cable bill was raised (again) and I called and told them, nicely, what I thought. After a civil discussion, they lowered our rate for six months. Better than nothing!