Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Aggravating Tuesday

This is going to be  a difficult day. I can tell. Already I've had my share of problems. I tried to program my DVD player with the new remote and I got it programed just fine but in order for it to show up on the TV screen, I have to be able to access Video 1 and the TV is set on Video 2. Using the new remote for the cable box, I do not know how to access Video 1. So, although the DVD player comes on and runs just fine, it doesn't come through on the TV. I will have to call Cox again this morning to figure that out.  They don't open until 8:00.

But that's not the worst of it. Now I have been blocked out of my own online bank account. Last night I discovered that the bank has not put my new account number in the "bill pay" area of the online account. They still had the old account number in there and that account is closed. I rushed over to the bank when I discovered that but the assistant to the vice president I have dealt with on this mess had already left.  This morning I used my usual access code and password but it no longer works in the online banking.  I don't have time to deal with this. I have to leave at 9:30 for Independence for my hair appointment. The bank doesn't open until 9:00.  I may have to deal with it when I get back home.

Trouble, trouble, trouble.  More blog later....

Well the solutions to my latest two "problems" was easier then I thought.  I called Cox and they immediately walked me through the one step I wasn't aware of (getting into Video 1) and the DVD came right up.  Then she told me how to get back to "TV" from there.

Then Aime called and she suggested I start at the Dalton Defenders Museum tomorrow. She said if anything else opened up, I could always be transferred.

Then Teresa from the bank  called and gave me a number at the downtown office to talk to Tammy to straighten out my bank account. They still haven't got "bill pay" fixed with the correct account number but they say they will by this afternoon. I am able to access my online banking now  Perhaps I can schedule that electric bill to be paid on the 14th by then. And Tammy said she could intercept Scott's incoming allotment and get it into the new account.  That's a blessing. I hope it works out.

Anyhow, on to the hair appointment next.

I got my hair done and got back in time to fix lunch. I start tomorrow at the museum  and it will be an interesting experience.  Aime will meet me up there and have me fill out some more forms.

When I got home I went to the bank to get some money withdrawn for my next week.  I still don't have my debit card so I have to do everything with cash. I did learn one thing though. They charged me $10.00 for my new debit card.  Then I learned they had mistakenly ordered one for Leslie too.  I will still get that one and will offer it to her.If she doesn't want it, I can have it shredded.  They took the additional $5.00 charge off my account. It should be a full 10 days until I get the new card.

Tom Swanson, the bank's vice president, says I should talk to social security again and ask for a new social security number.  I hesitate to that because of the incompetence in today business world and government.  What if they don't get my social security from Bob and myself to me because of the new number.  That would be another huge mess.

This evening I started to watch the CBS news and the TV was off. It couldn't receive Tulsa stations. There were 7 altogether  that would not receive. I called Cox and they walked me through rebooting the cable box a half dozen times. It would come on temporarily but then drop the stations.  We decided it was the new cable box. About the time we decided that, it came on again.  I walked over to tell Bob I had it back on and when I came home, it was off again.  So I called Cox again and they tried rebooting the box again. It would not come back on. Finally I went through the entire range of channels and found 11 that were off. I got another cable appointment and then after I hung up all but four were back. It will be interesting to see what I have in the morning.  I go to work tomorrow at 10:00 following the exercise class so I have an appointment herewith the cable guy between 3:00 and 5:00. We'll see what I have tomorrow.


1 comment:

marlu said...

Sometimes I think technology has gone too far! We quit using bank online and debit cards.
And the tv box is another wonderful but challenging item.
We had to get two new boxes recently and it is not just "plug them in" but as you said, it involves rebooting and extra stuff! Remember rabbit ears? We just had to rotate them a little to get the best signal!