Wednesday, July 30, 2014

First Day of Work Wednesday

This was my first day of work. Aime came and interviewed us and set me up for work in the museum.

It was interesting but there is a lot to learn about the routine of opening and closing. They have a security system and I only have a minute to get the door opened, turn on five light switches and get to the security system and get it turned off.  I also have to learn the routine of getting the safe open,  the cases opened and all the guns in their places in the cases. I also have to get the money in the  cash register.  There is also a lot to learn about the history of the robbery gone bad. I have a book to read to help me learn that history. The name of the museum is Dalton Defenders Museum. It is dedicated to the four defenders who were killed defending the town from the gang and protecting the two banks from them in 1892.

Wendy and I decided I will work 6 hours a day until I make up the  2 1/2  days I have lost in this pay period. So I will work 6 hours tomorrow as I had planned but I will work this Friday and Saturday 6 hours too. I naturally work 6 hours on Monday and then on Tuesday and Wednesday next week I will only work 3 hours. The Wednesday the 6th is the end of this pay period.

This morning I had my full TV and I thought the problem might be fixed.  But when I came home I had six channels that would not come on.  I called Cox again and they are bringing me another box in hopes that a different one will work. If it doesn't, I will have a buy another TV. If that happens, I will go back to the TV Starter package. Bob is going to let the tech in tomorrow to try another box.

Bob came over after I got home and got dinner warmed up. We ate the other half of the Mexican chicken casserole. We had cottage cheese with applesauce with it and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Tomorrow evening we will eat the other half of the hamburger pie and have a salad with it.

Tonight Bob went home at 7:00 and I took my bath and put my PJs on and worked on this blog.


2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie...I hope that you are happy with your new job and that it isn't too much for you. I know that you will be tired...getting used to working. Maybe Bob can help with the meals.
Take care,
Balisha

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It sounds like an interesting place to work! :)