Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday At Last

It's Friday and I was happy to see Friday come. Today I will go to exercise class and I don't know what the rest of the day will bring. I have stripped my bed and I should get around to dusting and also washing my kitchen floor.  I am just so happy to have a long weekend. Next week is Interstate Fair and Rodeo week and we should be very busy. I rather dread that. I was so busy there by myself yesterday that I never found time to have my lunch.

Missy and I went out awhile this morning.  I watered my flowers in front of the apartment and let Missy come around the corner with me.  That may have been a mistake but I was sweeping. Then I went around to the patio on the east and swept it off. She came too...very cautiously.  We went back to the carport after that. She's a lot more comfortable there. I had to get my broom to herd her to finally get to come back in so I could put my laundry in the dryer and do this blog.

My younger son lives in Honolulu and so I am watching the weather channel now to see when the storm finally hits his island, Oahu.  I called him last night and he was taking his chairs off the lanai and into his apartment. They would probably get soaked. I hope his sliding glass doors don't break. It's only 2:30 in the morning there now so the storm has not yet hit Honolulu or even Oahu.

More later.....

Bob was over for lunch at noon today and we warmed up the tuna noodle casserole. It had peas in it. We had his salad and another of the banana bread muffins for dessert.

He came back over at dinner time and we walked over to Braums for an ice cream cone for dinner. He stayed and watched the news afterward and went home about 8:00 because it was raining cats and dogs.  We had only a 40% chance of rain but evidently that was enough.


3 comments:

Balisha said...

Hoping that things go well for your son. I'm sure you are watching the weather here at home.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I am, Balisha. Thanks for asking!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I hope that all will be well with him there!