Tuesday, August 5, 2014

What A Tuesday!

I was looking forward to a quiet afternoon but all that changed when Juanita called this morning all worried about her bills. Since she is nearly completely blind, she has a terrible time getting anything straightened out that needs straightening out. I told her I would come up right after work at 1:15. So, although I had already been to Independence once to deliver the cakes and get my hair done after work, I stopped at the post office just long enough to  mail the Church School books off to Robert and Kathy. (They wanted to study them and we were finished with ours).  Then I went on back to Independence.

Anyhow, I got up there to find that she had called the bank just as it opened to inquire if those three bills had been taken out. They had not yet taken the amounts out and she started worrying that they were not going to do it. When I called all three accounts they said for her to do her checking her accounts later in the day. They all three assured her that they had the correct account number and would be taking the premiums out later in the day on the 5th of the month each month.

She was very relieved. 

Then I came home again to help my brother -in-law to figure out his "bill pay" on his website. He did fine and scheduled three bills. Then my cell rang and it was my friend, Phyllis, who had locked her car with her remote and could not get it to unlock.  She called a locksmith who was going to be late getting there because of a previous appointment in Independence. She called me back to come take her home until he was available. Her cell phone was dying and she needed him to call her on her home phone.  Bob and I jumped into his car and went out to the church. When we were nearly there, she called back to say he was on his way and we didn't need to come after all.  But Bob and I were already there. We stayed awhile and I asked her for her keys. I tried locking and unlocking her door and suggested she open the trunk and try to get in that way since her back seats folded down. Suddenly a light went on in her eyes and she opened the door with her key.  (I thought it might make the alarm go off but it didn't) and get ready .  We locked and unlocked it several times to make sure it was going to work then she called the locksmith and cancelled the call. She was mortified!  She was terribly embarrassed but we assured her that we all have those moments.

I got home just in time to go buy gas and then fix dinner for Bob and me.  After that, we went to vote. Then we came back home and he went home and I came home to work on this blog and get ready for bed.

What a day!

3 comments:

marlu said...

You certainly are a wonderful friend to all! I know your friends appreciate your kindness.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Mary Lou. But I have wonderful friends and I want to do everything possible to be a good friend too.

Balisha said...

You are always doing something for others.. I think you are earning your "wings" here on earth.
Balisha