Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Busy Saturday

I mailed off the letters I wrote yesterday. I wasn't aware the post office was closed on Saturday but the window was down and the  place was deserted.

Bob and I had had breakfast at Eggberts earlier this morning. I worked on the deceased classmates list afterward.

I'm not sure what all I will do today after lunch. The bed is changed, the laundry is done and the apartment is clean. I'll think of something. I can always read.

More later...

I read most of the afternoon.  Karan came over to get Bobby's meat loaf. We have some of it for lunch but still had some left.

Bob cleaned the mess off the carport that was made by my cracked motor.  There was oil on the floor and that was my first clue there was a problem. The oil was leaking from the air conditioning system. I went out to Varsity car wash to get my car washed and it was down. So I went to the other one on Eighth and had to use my Amazon card to get it to work. But now my car is clean again.

Then I stopped at Gilliam's and bought wine. Bob will be over this evening to watch episode 7 of "The Roosevelts" on PBS.

I am not going to the Pinch dinner. I am too tired.

3 comments:

Betty said...

I have really enjoyed watching the Roosevelts, haven't you? It made me realize, though, that we don't have anyone of their caliber today. I find that depressing.

marlu said...

I have enjoyed the series too. It also reminded me that politics here have always been bitter - back to TR and beyond.
Nothing new there!

Margie's Musings said...

You girls are so right. They were some of the few very rich who really cared about the plight of the poor as well as ordinary citizens.