Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday Again

How time flies! The weeks just whiz by.

This morning Bob's nieces are taking him to breakfast at 8:00. We will have hamburgers and french fries for lunch.

Tomorrow I will meet  Myra in Bartlesville for lunch at McCalister's and afterward we will go to the memorial services for Deannell Holt at the Bartlesville Community of Christ church. She was Scott's age...53.... and died of cancer earlier this month.  We were great friends with her parents, Dean and Paula when Scott was very young. Their family used to go camping with us when we were young and campers.

When Leslie was 5 and ready to go to kindergarten I wanted to sew her clothing. She was so tiny it was hard to find anything to fit her. I was so frustrated. I did more ripping out then I did sewing. I was crying while trying to sew those dresses and Paula came in one day and insisted on taking the entire project of five dresses home to do for me. I cleaned her house and she sewed for me. Leslie's dresses won the purple ribbon at the fair. She was delighted to get to sew and was very talented and I was delighted to clean for her because I loved to do that.  It worked out for both of us. I bought fabric for both of us and she sewed "shift" dresses for us both. That's what we wore to camp in those days. 

She and Dean divorced years ago. She never remarried. A few years back she walked across the road at her home in Iowa to get her mail and a car hit her and killed her.

Bob will be on his own for lunch tomorrow.

More later....

Bob came over and we went to Independence. He was bored and I wasn't doing anything in particular so we walked around Goody's and True Value Hardware. store. Then we came back home. he stayed until 7:00 and we watched TV and then when he went home, I took my bath and watched Dateline with Missy on my lap. I went to bed about 10:00. 

No comments: