Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Wednesday Christmas Eve Day

This has already been a busy day but it should slow down. I started baking my pecan pie early because I knew it would take awhile to bake and set up.  I used pecan pieces and I probably should have put more in since they weren't halves. Anyhow it is done now and cooling on a wire rack. I may make some other dessert just so they will have a choice.  I have whipped cream.

I have decided to go with the mashed potatoes to keep that simple. I will make the corn casserole at the same time the ham is baking. They both bake at 350 and for 72 minutes.  This is a 6 pound ham.
Leslie is bringing rolls. Bob is bringing salad.

We are having our gift exchange this evening while Jeromy and Marlene and the girls are still here.  They leave in the morning for Topeka to spend Christmas with the other grandparents.

Bob is coming over after while to do his laundry and check his checking account. I received my check a day early so have scheduled the second car payment for the month. I will get the next check in time to pay my car insurance and apartment insurance.  Thank goodness for the job!

If we get back in time tonight to watch some TV, I will watch the Christmas Carol  on DVD. I have the DVD.  I always watch it every year.

I sent out the class newsletter electronically to a dozen classmates who wanted it that way. I will take it to Service Office and Supply right away before they close. I hope to get it back before the New Year so I can get it in the mail.  We have many classmates who are not online.

I will need to get the envelopes and John will need to bring me a roll of stamps from the class's account. He is the treasurer.

More later....

I picked up Bob at 4:30 and we headed out to John and Leslie's home for Christmas Eve gift opening. Bob gave me a selection of gourmet jellies and Leslie and John gave me a new smart phone. Now I'll have to go get it activated tomorrow and then learn how to use it.  I also want to see if they have a cover for it. I would hate to break it.   My friend, Bill, gave me two books for my Kindle.  He and I have always been readers. He no longer has a Kindle so I got him a gift card for a meal at Olive Garden. He can take his wife, Carol, for dinner.

I did watch "The Christmas Carol" again. It's my Christmas tradition.

I hope to remember to take some photos Christmas day. I forgot all about it at the gift opening. I had even bought a new battery for the camera Scott gave me.

I went to bed at 9:00. I was very tired.

No comments: