Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday and Everything's Better

It all worked out...I should have known it would. I called the office supply store after they opened.  Rick was supposed to have called me back when he came in so I took my own car and went on to exercise class.  He didn't call so I called the office again. I convinced the clerk to call him again and explain to him that I needed him to meet me at the church to figure out why the cartridge would not work. Finally he came. He took one look and told me the drum was missing. It had come out with the old cartridge and I had bagged it up with the old cartridge and it was supposed to be recycled. As soon as he realized what had happened, he went  back to his store and retrieved the drum and put it in the machine and then installed the cartridge.  I thought that was a really big cartridge but never dreamt it included our drum. All I knew was it was leaking black toner and so I had put it in a small white trash bag and took it to the store that way. Debbie, the clerk, said if she had opened that sack and seen that drum, she would have known what happened.  It's fixed now though. Rick said if we had lost that drum, it would have cost $200 to replace it. Whew!

We had our leftover sloppy joes for lunch with french fries and coke.  Bob came over this afternoon and brought his cake and also did his laundry.  Missy probably enjoyed that. She gets so lonely when I'm gone.

When I got up this morning, I baked my cake and when it cooled, I iced it. That was one less job to worry about.  Tonight, I ate the leftover potato soup from the other day's lunch for my supper. Tomorrow I plan to have swiss steak, fried potatoes, green beans and salad for lunch or if I run late, I will pick up a Big Cheese pizza.

When I went to work, Katie was off for the day. There were tons of DVDs to unpack and store in the machines and tons of cases to file. It took me all afternoon to get them all put away. I also cleaned and repaired a stack of damaged DVDs.  I didn't do any scanning at all. In fact, no one knew what Katie had done with the scanner and tablet and the records of where I had left off. So, I just did what I could.

2 comments:

clairz said...

It sounds like you and Katie are sharing the same job--right? That's tricky unless there's a good way to communicate back and forth.

How very kind of the office supply man to come out to the church twice in order to solve your problem. You're lucky to get such wonderful service!

I'm so glad that everything is better for your Monday.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Clair. I am lucky Rick would be so much help. That's the beauty of a small town.

No,Katie is the librarian director. I am just a peon. :)