Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thursday Again

Well the weekend is in sight now. Today and then tomorrow and we will have Saturday again.

I slept well last night and got up shortly before 5:00. I put away the dishes from the dishwasher and cut up the stew meat into two packages. Meat is so expensive nowadays....even more expensive then usual.  I get my ground beef from John and Leslie but have to buy anything else. I do use a lot of ground beef. I tend to alternate between ground beef, chicken and tuna dishes. Sometimes I buy pork cutlets or a roast. This week I even bought stew meat...another expensive commodity. I trimmed it and divided it between two freezer bags. That will give me two smaller batches of stew and we won't have so much waste.

We should have chicken today for lunch since we had roast yesterday. I will fix a chicken casserole with canned boned chicken.  Then we will have a veggie and Bob will bring a salad. I have his loaf of fancy bread for dessert. I am out of cookies.

I worked on my classmate list again this morning. One of my classmates notified me of another death from our class. I changed his status and added him to the deceased list. That required me to re-number the living classmates and also the deceased ones on my lists.  That took some time.

I just went to the market and bought a few more groceries. Now I can sit down a minute before I take the towels out of the dryer.  I did a load of laundry this morning.  Just the towels didn't get dry. I miss my old front loader washer and dryer. It took no longer then 30 minutes to dry a load of laundry even if that included towels.  I had to leave it with the house when I sold it. It's just as well since there are cabinets above this washer/dryer and mine was a stack unit.

I have about an hour before I have to put that casserole together. 

Later....

The casserole could have gone better. It called for biscuits on the top but the oven was to be 350 to finish baking the casserole. I should have increased the temp to 375. Only the tops of the biscuits were done. So we took off the biscuits and threw them away. The rest of the casserole was cooked done just fine. 

When I went to work, Katie was sick with a migraine headache and the scanner and tablet were locked in the safe so I did some cleaning, some putting away DVDs , some culling out old telephone books and binding them up, I filed some cases in the back that the DVDs had been lost. I even helped Elaine with one of her projects.  Somehow, I filled the day. I was very tired when I got home...I know that.

I sold one of Leslie's medical coding books on Amazon. I wasn't sure I could find it but it was right on top of the first box I opened. I will go to the dollar store when it opens to find and buy a book pack and then get it in the mail.

I took my bath and Missy and I watched some TV until nearly 9:00 when I finally played out.  Somehow, working at 79 is a lot harder then working at 77, which was the last time I worked.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Margie how many were in your class....just wondering as long ago not as many got to go to high school. My dad was born in 1915 ( a lot older Than you) but to go to high school he had to go to a brooding school.

Margie's Musings said...

There were almost 300 in my class. 116 have died. I was born in 1935 and many people got to go to high school in the 50s.

Galla Creek said...

Wow, that was a large class. I went to high in a small town and there were less than 60 in mine! Sadly, serveral of my classmates have died also.