Saturday, January 17, 2015

Saturday At Last

I am so glad it's Saturday! I was so tired last night.  I had spent three hours scanning bar codes on books and my thumbs were just numb.  I am single handedly doing the inventory.  I know the library staff is delighted they don't have to do it.

I went to bed at 9:00 after managing to stay up to watch "The Goodbye Girl".  I had seen it several times but it's one of those "chick flicks" I enjoy.  I like movies that are entertaining. If I want to be afraid, I'll walk the streets at night.  (in fact, I'm very hard to frighten). But I see no good coming from violent films. In fact, I blame the media and TV and movies for the amount and level of violence we see anymore. Kids are very impressionable and they see so much violence in games, TV and movies that I believe they become sensitized to it. Just my opinion.

Another of my opinions is that pharmaceuticals should not be advertised on TV.  For one thing, the best answer to health problems is not always to dose the patient with some new and terribly expensive medicine with dozens of side effects.  Some of us just need to eat more healthily and get more exercise. There are only two countries that allow TV advertizing of pharmaceuticals....the USA and New Zealand.  Then we wonder why medicines are so expensive. We are paying for the TV advertising.

As you can see, I am full of opinions!

We may be going to breakfast this morning even though we are also going to Owasso for Olive Garden lunch.

More later....

Sure enough! We did have breakfast this morning and when I got home I vacuumed the apartment and dusted. I also got my car washed. It's not perfect but then do do it the way I like, I have to wash it myself out of a bucket of suds and later rinse with a hose. It's too chilly to do that.

Also, I went ahead and got my car filled with gas. It's up to $1.74.9 now but that's still a vast improvement over last year.

More even later....

I tried my best to stay up until 9:00 but could only make it until 8:30.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I agree with you about so many things! We are like minded!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks Sister-Three!