Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tuesday and Cakes

I have everyone's cake this morning except Bob's. He was late getting his in the oven last night and will be bringing it over later this morning before I leave. After I deliver them I will have my hair done at Kathy's.  Then I may go shopping for powder for my makeup. I am nearly out.

Yesterday wore me out at work and I imagine today will be another huge day. I scanned an entire aisle yesterday and those books were in the shelf tightly so this morning my hands are sore again. This job is not the ideal I had imagined. Climbing up and down on that stool for two or three hours is exhausting. And it's even worse when I have to sit on the floor.  But it's a job and I want to get my car paid off early. I may not have five years (four left, I think... before the extra payments) ...who knows at my age.I have been making an extra payment to cut down the length of the loan.  I only have about 13 months left in the program I work in. I was able to work 4 years and I think I have already worked at least two of those years.

I'm not sure about lunch today. If I can kill enough time in Independence I will bring home a Big Cheese pizza. If not, we will have hamburgers and french fries. That's easy enough.

I tried to make cake mix cookies last night and they didn't work out so well. The recipe said use any kind of cake mix and take out three tablespoons of the mix before adding 2 eggs and 1/3 cup of oil. Mix well but if the mix is too wet, mix in some more of that 3 tablespoons of cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees for eight minutes. The first batch did not work out. I made mine with spice cake mix and should not have taken out the 3 tablespoon of cake mix. Furthermore I should have baked them for 12 minutes because they were too wet and not completely done. Before I try that again, I will adjust the recipe. I will leave in the 3 tablespoons of cake mix and bake them 12 minutes and see how that works out. Cake mix cookies are very easy. I use a yellow cake mix and make peanut butter cookies and snicker doodles.  They are easy and very good. But the spice cake cookies recipe needs some adjustment.

I get my social security tomorrow and I am really glad. I am nearly out of money. I get mine the second Wednesday of the month and everything comes due before that date. Sometimes the second Wednesday is as late as the 14th of the month.  In February and March this year though, it is the 11th.

More later....

It was an easier day after all. Carolyn's sister-in-law died and she is off work for the week. I did her job which is to put checked in books away.

Bob came over and we watched American Experience and Frontline on PBS. We had a glass of wine too. The program was very interesting. Bob couldn't get through American Experience though. He kept falling asleep and finally just went home. I took my bath and put my PJs on and stayed up until 10:00.  Then Missy and I went to bed.

3 comments:

BTexan said...

I usually don't comment but may have an idea for those books. After removing one,or maybe two, books, lay those aside to "loosen" up the rest do the section. Then when you have finished that section, put the books back. Hope you can try something to save your hands.

Galla Creek said...

I wish you had a little simple job. I get my check the 3rd Wednesday.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for the suggestion BTexan. And Sister-Three, I wish it were simpler too but I should be thankful to even have a job at my age.