Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday and Another Workday

Today I thought I would attend another funeral at 11:30. Judy's brother died last week and for Judy, I want to attend his funeral. I knew him slightly when he was manager of our Pizza Hut.

I awoke at 2:30 and really didn't get much sleep after that. I got up about 4:35.  I have not been sleeping well lately. Between the sore hands and just being tired, I sleep fine at first but if I wake up, I have trouble getting back to sleep.

I took some photos of our Living the Questions group last night. I will post them here.

This is Howard and David. David is the new Methodist minister here at Trinity.

This is Joyce's daughter with her new baby. and she is talking to Marilyn.

This is Karan at the far left, Becky (sitting) Richard A., Richard B and his sister in law Martha. In the background are  Bob A., Richard B's brother and the bearded one is Patrick.  There were 18 there but I didn't get photos of everyone.

We had a good discussion but there were really too many there. A good small group is from 8 to 10 at the most. I had counted on 9.  I knew Mona was in Egypt visiting her relatives and didn't expect her family to come. I didn't know Richard's brother was here with his wife and I knew Richard no longer drives.

More later....
 Well, I ate a bite at Arby's early then went on to the church only to find the funeral was NEXT Monday. It had run wrong in the Independence, reporter and I didn't see the correction.  They were really relieved at the church.  What a mess!

Anyhow, afterward I came back home and will wait another thirty minutes before leaving for work.

Leslie came this morning and sure enough confirmed that the TV is not a smart TV. I really don't care. I'm not a huge TV watcher anyhow. Mostly I watch the CBS news, PBS and perhaps Forensic Files.  I used to watch the Big Bang Theory but they must have changed writers this season and in my estimation they are no longer very funny. My TV has a great picture and wonderful sound..thanks for the Bose system Scott gave me too. I'm perfectly satisfied.

More even later...

I spent the afternoon putting away DVDs. I got three basketfuls stacked double deep put away by 3:00 only to find another basketful waiting for me to put away and file the empty covers. I put those away and then there were more. That's about all I got done besides filing the library slips for those books and DVDs that are being borrowed by other libraries. The last thirty minutes I searched out books for Adrian and found most of them. While I was looking for those books and DVDs, Ashley, my youngest granddaughter called. I hadn't heard from her in a long time but I follow her comings and goings on facebook. It was good to actually talk to her though. After that, I went home.

Soon, Bob came over and watched the news with me. There was nothing to watch that we were interested in seeing so he went home and I took my bath and did my usual routine. I went to bed at 9:30


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Fellowship with other Christains is heart warming.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is, Sister Three. Thanks for visiting my blog.