Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thursday Again

The week is winding down again. We are to get rain today.....if it develops. We tend to miss a lot of weather that is forecast. We are the lowest elevation in Kansas. Sometimes the rain or bad weather just bypasses us.

Today for lunch, we will have chicken pot pie with salad. I have some more peaches and cookies for dessert.

A couple of issues  today/

First, Missy woke me up at 4:00 wanting to go out.  I ignored her for awhile hoping she would just go away. When I didn't respond, she decided to scratch on my mattress next to my side of the bed. I pounded on the side of the mattress to drive her away. She withdrew to the floor at the foot of my bed but continued to "mew" wanting me to get up.  When I finally did get up (realizing I wasn't going to get any more sleep) at 4:30, I got myself ready for the day.  I went to the closet where the blower is located to get the litter for her litter box and discovered there was water on the floor there and in the top of the litter box. The box sits on a black plastic bag on the floor of that closet and that was wet too. Luckily, the litter box plastic bag with the litter in it was closed over the top of the box but it was setting in water on the floor and some of the hall carpet was wet. When I opened the box about a pint of water poured out onto the bathmat. I don't know what the deal is. It could be condensation but that carpet getting wet in the hall next to the door is not good because it could cause mold.  I'd better contact Betty about it today.

The chicken pot pie went well and was good.We will finish it off tomorrow.

The day went fast because I spent two hours putting away DVDs and two hours scanning bar codes in the children's department.

I got home after 5:00 and Bob came over shortly after 5:30. Ashley called me again but I had to cut our visit short because he came over.

I spent the evening trying to get his computer online. After HP updated it yesterday, it no longer had the capability of getting onto the internet.  I need an Ethernet cord to get that back according to HP.  Bob will get one tomorrow and I will call HP back.

In the meantime, I have a lot of water coming through the furnace filter where the hose is plugged up and overflowing. There is water all over the floor in the furnace closet.

Nothing ever happens one thing at a time.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Drain from air may be stooped up and water from cooling air is running. Out on floor.

Galla Creek said...

Stopped...

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is. I have called landlady and texted manager. Hopefully it can be fixed tomorrow.