Monday, August 17, 2015

Another Monday!

Well, I heard nothing from the college last week and may just have to resign myself to working at the library until November. That will be my full year there on the 12th.  I had hoped to get out of there but I guess the worst is over. We are not going to continue the inventory for awhile. So much of the genealogy is not in the system. So I will just be shelf reading and putting away DVDs. Today there will be several hundred. I usually start about 12:45 and work at getting them put away until around 2:30. Then the rest of the afternoon I just continue to sort them and put them away until they stop coming in.

Today we will have beans and cornbread for lunch with peach tea. Bob may bring a salad. I will have to wait and see. I still have the pudding I made last week and the cookies I made on Saturday. The beans are on cooking in the slow cooker and I have added ham and onion to the mix. I will let them cook slowly all morning until 11:30 when we have lunch.

I slept fitfully last night but did finally get back to sleep. I then slept until 6:00..which is unusual. I took Missy out about 7:00 and we stayed out until 8:00.  She was very good and lay on her mat next to me most of the time. I will either put the mat in the trunk of my car or bring it back into the house. I don't want that stray cat lying on it.

Bob will be going to exercise class this morning and may not come over. It was nice and cool out there this morning. I notice the woman that had been evicted from the house at 1806, was back there again. This time she brought both boys with her.  I don't know where the teenaged daughter was...perhaps in school since school has started.

Marilyn came over last evening after Bob left. We talked about the neighborhood "circus".  These people know Betty lives in the rural area and Martha is in Independence so there's no one to enforce the eviction.  So they went to a lot of trouble for nothing.


The noisy neighbors finally are beginning packing to move...I hope. At least there are boxes on their porch now. We can only hope.

More later...

Our beans and cornbread were good. We also had that pudding I had made last weekend. Everything was good.

Now, I'm getting ready to go to work.  I'll be back to this at evening time....

I spent the entire afternoon putting away DVDs.  What a mess. I thought with school starting on Friday that the mass of DVDs would be less. But no such luck. I put away three baskets double decked and then took the green labels off a cart full of books that have been on the "new fiction" shelves. 

Bob will probably be over this evening to watch TV until 7:00. He was supposed to have come over this afternoon and do his laundry.

We will go to Independence tomorrow morning for my hair appointment and will stay to eat lunch at Big Cheese.  Then I will go to work when we get home and I drop him off at his apartment.

No comments: