Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday Again and Looking for Books

I slept very well last night. I did wake up once but got right back to sleep.

Today for lunch I will fix the pork sirloin Bobby brought Thursday. I will bake it in the oven. We will have boiled potatoes and a veggie and Bob will bring a salad. I will fix some pudding for dessert. And we still have cookies.

I imagine I will be searching for books that are not in the system in the genealogy department  this afternoon.  Those will be the ones I scanned last week. It looks like I will only scan every other week for awhile and then search out those books on the off weeks....unless Aime gets me an interview at the college and they want me. Then it will be someone else's problem.

This morning I want to get some red mulch and re-mulch the flowerbed and mulch the new part.  I think Orscheln's has that and I won't have to drive way out to Wal Mart again.

In the meantime, it is ten after 6:00 and Missy is itching to go out on the carport. It's light out there now so I should take her out there. She's been very good and not made a pest out of herself meowing this morning.

More later...

Bob came over and had coffee with me out on the carport. Missy was pretty good so we stayed out an hour and a half. It was nice out there. Bob left after about 40 minutes to go get ready for exercises.

I did my nails and now am going to go over to Orscheln's and get  my red bark mulch while it's nice out.  I also need to go by First Federal and pay my rent this morning.

More even later....

At 9:00 I went up to First Federal and paid my rent. Then I went to Orscheln's and bought a bag of red mulch (to match the brick on the apartment)  and mulched the new flowerbed.

Here's a photo of the finished flowerbed. Next Spring I will plant some other flowers in there with the hen and chicks but for right now, I'll be happy if they make it though August.

 

More even later...

Dinner was good although the meat was a little tough. The rest of the dinner was fine though.

I didn't have to find books after all at the library. I did put away several hundred DVDs, checked in books as well as DVDs and put away the new fiction. 

No one has yet mentioned the firing of Joy. It's like they can't bring it up. And Katie has stopped a lot of the hilarity that used to be common there.  That may be a good thing because they are getting more done now.

Bob will be over soon to watch the reruns of The Big Bang Theory. He will probably leave at 7:00...he usually does. I think he came over this afternoon to check his e-mail. He leaves his computer here because he has no router. He can come over anytime and do his laundry and check his e-mail.  He and Missy have the house to themselves while I'm at work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mom kids are violate now days because of the parents lack of will to take control and raise them instead spoiling them. So watch what you do in staring at them or taking pictures..best to lay low and call the police or you may get your car vandalized and you don't want that! Let the police do their job and if they don't? go see the police supervisor in person and file a complaint.

Margie's Musings said...

I left two messages on the police answering machine. I was not able to get through to the dispatcher for some reason. I didn't want to call 911.

Anonymous said...

unfortunately., with most business or people in their incompetence, you have to go into the office and speak to the supervisor. I am sure in their defense that perhaps they get a lot of calls and can't answer them all..

ChuckFu said...

Does Uncle bob have internet at his house and just doesn't have WiFi.

And I agree with Scott, I'd drive to the police station this morning and have chat with the Police and tell them your issues with both the neighbor and their lack of response

Galla Creek said...

Love the redo for the flower bed!!