Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday at Last!

Thank goodness it's Friday. I am so looking forward to this holiday. After my two hours of work today, I will come home and try to install my mini box for the new digital television. I'm not overly concerned about getting the box installed but it's getting the Bose unit remote programmed to receive the signal from it that concerns me. I will have to call Bose again and ask them to walk me through how to get their remote to pick up that signal.

I love working just two hours on Fridays. After usually being on my feet for four hours in the afternoon, I am usually exhausted when I get home.  I'll be so glad when I get this car paid off. Then I can just relax and enjoy my retirement.

This morning I will vacuum the apartment. I got the kitchen and bathroom cleaned yesterday. I will also do some dusting. I gave the neighbors my old chairs that sat on the patio. They were out in the hot sun and I never used them. When I moved here, I bought some washable chairs from the Dollar General store down the block and I set them on the carport and sit there in the morning when I let Missy out. I was going to take them to the church's rummage sale next weekend but I had told the woman across the street she could have them weeks ago and she never took them. Day before yesterday her husband came by and asked if the offer was still good so I let them have them. I swept off the patio then. It looks so much better. I really need to take the hose and wash it down.

We will have the leftover roast beef for lunch. I intend to cut it up finely and make a gravy from the juices and serve it over mashed potatoes with a veggy. Bob will bring another salad. I want to make cookies this morning and some pudding for dessert.

More later...Missy is being very patient about her treats..

I took Missy out for awhile this morning and also baked peanut butter cookies.  Bob came over before he left for his exercise class.

Instead of vacuuming this morning, I went through my dining room closet and took out anything I'm never going to use again and donated it to the church's rummage sale. I took a full load out to the church this morning and put it in the storage room. I will vacuum tomorrow morning while I wait for Gay to arrive.  I hope to get my mini box installed and working this afternoon after I get off work. It's time to leave now so I will get back to this later.

I jumped through several hoops  trying to get the mini box installed with the phone line being dropped three different times. Finally the third time I got through to a woman who told me, after I had explained to three different people how my cable was connected to the DVR before some wise woman at Cox informed me that I did not need a mini box because the Cox DVR is a digital receiver. So now they are going to send me a box to send the mini box back... postage free. What a mess! To be a "communications" company, they do a very poor job of communicating. I had had a notice from them that I was going to need a mini box or beginning in November, I was going to start losing stations. By January 12th, I would have no TV. So, I ordered the mini box. Then today I learned that the DVR they left me last spring WAS a digital receiver.

Besides that, they didn't have a clue on how to go through my Bose sound system to install it.
This is my Living the Questions group. We will meet again next week on Sunday evening at Joyce's at 7:00. That's me down in front.  I will try to include more photos in the future. Joyce is the one directly behind me with the SOSS tee shirt..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MORE PICTURES PLEASE

Betty said...

Cox makes life more difficult, for sure. But, from what I hear, it's better than some of the others.

Galla Creek said...

Margie, you look like a teenager!

Anonymous said...

you do look great mom