Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday and House Cleaning

Today I will clean the apartment. I usually clean on Thursday but since I was gone to Joplin yesterday after I got my vacuum sweeper back, I will clean today. I will also make stew for lunch.

I slept pretty well last night. When I awoke in the night, it was thundering and lightning. Later, it began to rain. I always sleep well when it rains. I finally got up about 5:00.

I will need to pick up a few things at the market too. I need celery for my stew and a few other things.

It's going to be quite a bit cooler this week. We are to have a strong El Nino this winter and it's supposed to be cooler this winter and wetter.  I hope we don't get a lot of snow.

Missy is patiently waiting for daylight so she can try to go outside again.  I doubt she will want to stay out. It is too cool out there.

Not a lot going on yet this morning.  So more later....

Missy and I went out for awhile and enjoyed the cool morning. She wandered around but finally decided to come back in. She likes me to leave the door open so she can see out.

I got the apartment cleaned and all but the last room...the den. Bob called and the exercise group was going to meet for cinnamon rolls at Utopia. So I turned off the sweeper and went downtown to join them.

When I got home I vacuumed the last room...the den. I put the upholstery tool on and cleaned the daybed where Missy had lain and shed cat hair. Just as I finished the last of the den floor, the power drive belt slipped off again. I went back to Liebert Brothers and bought a new sweeper and some sweeper bags.  Now I don't know what to do about the other vacuum sweeper.  I really don't have room to store it. It still works. It just doesn't have the power drive any longer.

Lunch was ready at 11:30 and Bob came. We ate all we wanted and we have enough left for another meal.  I will be eating lunch with Myra tomorrow so I may send some of this stew home with Bob and give some to Marilyn.

More later....

I  went walking in the afternoon. It was so good to be able to do that.  I also sat in the sunshine on the carport with Missy and read my magazines. I am so glad to be finished with working.

Bob came over at 6:00 and stayed until 7:00. When he left, I took my bath and sat with Missy in the recliner.  At 9:00, I went to bed.

3 comments:

Delbert Powers said...

My oh my, that sounds like a nice relaxing day. Good to hear you are able to get up and walk. There is nothing worse than being forced to be immobile. Hope the apartment works out for you and maybe you can get back to gardening at John's as soon as possible.

Delbert Powers @ Minuteman International

Alison Norman said...

Sounds like a productive day. I love staying home and making a few winter dishes to stuff in the fridge and freezer to be heated up later. It makes the following days a breeze. I do the same in the summer with cool soups and different cool grain dishes. I just think that you can waste so much food otherwise.

Alison Norman @ Power Boss

Unknown said...

My cleaning day is also Thursday. I like to have it done before Friday because then if the house is already clean, I feel like I can have a really good start to the weekend. I work half days on Mondays through Fridays and so I like to try and use every afternoon for something different and purposeful at home.

Rudy Swanson @ Haaker Equipment Company