Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tuesday and Hair Day

I will be going to Independence later this morning to get my hair cut and done. I hope I will be able to do that after I am no longer working. I will just have to play it by ear. If they don't raise the rent again, I may be fine. It will be close but I will have to be careful.

Bob came over for awhile last night and helped me eat some more of the ice cream I bought for Joyce. Joyce can't eat anything with wheat in it so she did not have my Apple Brown Betty. I bought some vanilla ice cream over at Braums and put chocolate syrup on it for her. The others got a dip of ice cream on their dessert.  We had a nice bowl of the leftover ice cream last night. He left early because he was exhausted from his ordeal.  I was very tired too so that was fine.I took my bath and Missy and I watched some TV and then went to bed shortly before 9:00.

I made a scalloped potatoes and ham casserole for lunch yesterday and we will be eating at Big Cheese in Independence at noon today. I took the rest of the casserole over to Marilyn for her lunch. I also gave her the little dab of Apple Brown Betty too. Tomorrow she is taking Bob and me to lunch at Eggberts for buying and having Bobby install the garbage disposal.  Thursday we will have stew. I bought the meat on Sunday.  I will divide it into two packages since there is quite a bit of it.

I want to call Liebert Brothers to see if my vacuum sweeper is repaired. Thursday is my cleaning day and I hope I don't have to borrow the church's vacuum sweeper again.  I am still thinking about buying that $99 Hoover that I saw at Liebert Brothers.  Evidently my old sweeper is not doing much good since I got so much cat hair in both the church's sweeper and Bob's. I'm not surprised since I bought it in the 1980s.

I e-mailed Bob's eldest son, David, day before yesterday to tell him about his dad being in ICU. I got an answer from him this morning. He lives in Rogers, Arkansas.  He hasn't had much to do with his family for years. I don't understand that since family means so much to me. To each his own, I guess. My philosophy is..family is all you really have. Friends come and go but family is always family and there for one another.  That's why I try to keep track of my brother-in-law. He was married to my sister for 60 years and took care of her after she developed Alzheimers.

More later...


6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad bob is better!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What? No thoughts on the debate?

ChuckFu said...

Couldn't watch it and probably didn't miss much

Margie's Musings said...

I watched it and it was a real debate.

Margie's Musings said...

See today's blog for my remarks about the Democratic debate, Scott.