Sunday, October 11, 2015

What a Sunday!

This has been a very different Sunday.  Bob A was going to fix coffeecake for the Church School Class and we were going to go to Church School and the worship service.  Then afterward, we were going to have pizza with the congregation and he and I and Karan and Bobby were providing the soda. I had bought both Pepsis and Coke in 8 oz cans.   We were having a baby shower for a 16 year old from the trailer park and then afterwards I was going to do my newsletters for the congregation this afternoon before fixing my Apple Brown Betty for tonight's Living the Questions Group at 7:00 at my apartment.

I couldn't sleep well and after tossing and turning for a couple of hours, I just got up at 3:45 and decided I would make that a night. I went into the den to check my e-mail when the phone signaled a text message.

It was Bob. He was in ICU with another A-Fib attack. He had gone in by driving himself the three blocks to the hospital and entering himself in the emergency room. They immediately treated him and put him in ICU. He waited until 4:00AM to text me about it. I jumped into my clothes and quickly made up my face and took off. Sure enough! He was hooked up to all that wiring and they were waiting to get him to stabilize and convert. They changed his meds four times but he never did convert. They brought him lunch at 12:15 or so and Denise, his younger daughter, whom I had called about 9:30, (and she came in)...she and I went to Braums to have a quick lunch. Bob was going to try to take a nap. He will be in the hospital...at least overnight... and Dr. Merley, the heart doctor from Bartlesville, will come tomorrow and decided what to do to get him to convert.  He may have to have a pacemaker. Who knows.

Anyhow, I came on home to bake my Apple Brown Betty. I still have the Living the Questions group tonight. And I have to pick up Gary at 6:45.

I don't have a newsletter to write because I never made it to church except to take my soda and put it in the frig and the gift out there for the baby shower this afternoon.

I did take the time to download my photos from my camera from yesterday to my computer. I have shared a couple of them on yesterday's blog. 

Strange day!...More later....

Wisdom from Robert Reich:

Not a day goes by that a leading Republican presidential hopeful doesn’t reveal a level of ignorance and prejudice unprecedented in modern American politics. Today, Ben Carson, who is now running second to Donald Trump, said that Adolf Hitler’s mass murder of Jews “would have been greatly diminished” had Germans been allowed to carry guns. 

What?

Whether it’s Carson on guns or Muslims; Trump on Mexicans, “anchor babies,” or Obama’s citizenship; or almost any of the Republican candidates on abortion, gay marriage, or climate change -- the leading GOP presidential candidates are reaching ever higher into loony land.

House Republicans, meanwhile, are in chaos – unable to elect a Speaker because of the right-wing know-nothings among them who want to shut down the government over the funding of Planned Parenthood and the looming debt limit.

We must face the discomforting fact that one of America's two major parties has lost its mind. How did this come about? Perhaps it's the inevitable culmination of decades of toxic bigotry and ideological paranoia spread by Rush Limbaugh and his imitators, Fox News, and right-wing hate groups -- fueled and funded by the Koch brothers and other oligarchs -- combined with blind rage that a black man became president -- that has finally eaten away enough of the gray matter of an increasingly angry, mostly white, mostly rural, mostly male Republican base to leave us with a zombie GOP.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope Bob will be better soon.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too! I'll run back out to the hospital now that I have my Apple Brown Betty out of the over and cooling.

Betty said...

Sorry to hear about Bob. Hope he's better soon.

I couldn't agree more about the Republicans. They brought it all on themselves, though, by allowing the Tea Party to get the upper hand, all because they didn't want that black man as President. They have been blinded by their hatred. But, it's hard to feel sorry for them.

I just don't see how it's going to change. Sad.

Margie's Musings said...

I don't either, Betty. I think Congress is in a real mess and they got themselves into it.