Thursday, October 29, 2015

Thursday and Breakfast

Today is the day I stripped my bed to wash the bedding. I will go to breakfast with the girls at 9:00. In the meantime, I am waiting for my bedding to dry so I can remake my bed.

I see the Royals won another game in the World Series. That's two in a row. Hopefully they can continue winning until they have four games.  It's their turn.  I'll bet Grant is delighted. He and his son are fast fans.

I'm not sure what we'll do for lunch. After such a heavy and late breakfast, I usually don't have much appetite. I suggested potato soup.  Bob was unsure. He wants to go to "Just Us". It really doesn't make that much difference to me. I would just eat pretty light.

Missy is wanting to go outside. It's still dark out there so I have told her "no, not yet".  She does not like to be told "no".  She reached up to try to scratch me on the arm. I dodged just in time. It is getting light so maybe I'd better take her out while I am still here.  It's pretty chilly out there and she might just want to come back in the house.

More later...

Bob dropped by for awhile since I will be going to breakfast. he brought a soup mix that he had.  We may eat that instead of my fixing potato soup. He left to go shave.

I remade my bed and put away my PJs  and now I am dry cleaning some tops in my dryer with Dryel.  It works beautifully and does not shrink or stretch my tops. I do that every once in awhile rather then wash them and dry them in the dryer wet. I do four or five at a time. It takes about three or four different dry cleaning episodes and that many separate dryer cloths in the bag to do all my tops. Another five or ten minutes and these should be finished.  I will wait until after breakfast to do the next load.

I sent a letter to the editor of our newspapers about the political situation. At least one of them is going to use it. 

More even later...

We had a good breakfast this morning. Joyce, Karan, Gretchen and Marilyn were able to come.  Marilyn told us about her trip to Grease and Turkey via a cruise trip. She had a wonderful time with her younger sister, Annie, but is very tired. Marilyn is 81  and beginning to feel her age.

When I got home I read some catalogs that Marilyn brought me. Then I began lunch. I had broccoli cheese soup and it was very good.  Bob stayed a while but left just as I was leaving for the market. I bought some sale cake mixes for our cake project and some for Bob as well as some icings and a pan with a cover. Now we are ready for next week when we bake cakes again.

One of our church goers at church lost her mother on Tuesday and we will have her celebration of life on Tuesday and afterward we will fix dinner for the family. The woman had a stroke and never recovered after her surgery.

Bob and I are planning to go to Branson on Wednesday if the weather is not rainy. If we go. we will stay over until Thursday.

I worked yesterday cleaning the leaves out of my  flowerbeds. I have asked Betty to have Justin mow another time to mulch the leaves and get them away from my air conditioner. She said he would call this evening and she would ask him to do that.

I took some photos of them before it gets really cold and I have to put the annuals out of the above the ground flowerbed that my son-in-law built for me. The other bed has lavender in it and it lived over last winter.

Here are the three I took just now.
This is the lavender bed.  This is the one I cleaned the leaves out of yesterday.
This is the northeast end of that bed.

This one is the bed of annuals.

It is pretty wild looking right now. After I clean it out after the first frost, I will wait until spring to re-plant it.

This is the flowers I have in front of my apartment in pots. I will replant them, in the spring too.

More later....




2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Plants freshen up the lawn!

Anonymous said...

AWSOME pics mom! Love em!