Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Tuesday and Hair Day

As usual, I have my hair done on Tuesday. I took Bob to Independence with me to see his sister, Betty. Unfortunately, she was gone. So he went to Wal  Mart while   I had my hair done. Then I went to Juanita's and balanced her checkbook.  We visited awhile and then Bob came to pick me up.

We went to Big Cheese for lunch. They are getting ready for Neewollah in Independence. It begins tomorrow. That's their big city wide Halloween celebration. They will be closing streets tomorrow for the rest of the week.

Anyhow, after that we came on back to Coffeyville and I took Bob home. I returned the book to Paula's office this afternoon and stopped by Braums and bought some milk.  I had to use half and half on my oatmeal this morning.

I will start reading my second book this afternoon. It's called Barbara and Me. It was written by a local woman. Bob read it and found it interesting.

Scott called me yesterday evening and talked to me about the news from the World Health Organization that processed meat causes cancer.  I didn't say anything to him about it at the time but I have read that our bodies have all kinds of bad cancer cells and toxic bacteria that we carry around all the time. If our immune system is strong, it wards that bad stuff off. But if our immune system breaks down, then often some of that stuff spreads and we become sick. 

More later....

I tried to stay with the second book this afternoon  but just couldn't. I did return Paula's book to the dentist office.

Later in the evening, Bob came over for an hour or so but I was going to watch the World Series and he wasn't interested. I watched until the 6th inning but just couldn't stay awake. I went to bed after the Royals caught up with the Mets.  Later I learned the game had gone 14 innings and the Royals won 5 to 4.  I was glad I didn't stay up for all of it. I'd never have made it.

No comments: