Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thursday and Breakfast with the Girls.

At 9:00 this morning, I will go to breakfast with the girls (and Bobby).  Joyce is back from California now and I expect we will hear all about her trip. Last week, I didn't eat anything first and late in the day I noticed I had not taken my meds. So this morning I will eat a banana before  I go to breakfast so I will be sure to take my meds.

I played Skip Bo at the senior center yesterday afternoon and had a good time. Then last night I went with Marilyn to PINCH. That was fine but I was really tired last night. I was so tired I didn't sleep well. I have the sermon coming up on Sunday at church and I was also concerned about that.

It's after 5:00 now so I'd better make my bed and dress. I'll get back to this later...

Made my bed, dressed, made up my face, had my banana and my meds as well as my coffee. I even took my trash out. I still have two hours before the "official"  breakfast. It is light out now.  Missy is in the den on the day bed. She wanted to go out when I took the trash out but it was too cold to stay out. It's 41 degrees now.

We will have a chicken noodle casserole for lunch with a veggie and some more fruit and cookies for dessert.  Bob will bring a salad.  I will take the two pieces of hamburger pie to Marilyn when she gets up this morning. She said she would have it for lunch today. She can reheat it in the microwave.

More later...

That breakfast was kind of a fiasco. I expected to hear Joyce tell about her trip to San Fransisco but Karan and she dominated the conversation to the place where Bobby and I mostly just sat.  Marilyn had opted out. She had had a trying day yesterday and was worn out and needed some private quiet time. That was wise under the circumstances.

Karan wants me to speak at Bobby's services when he is gone. She talked about it right in front of Bobby. I don't know how comfortable he was with that but it made me uncomfortable. When it is my time, the only thing I want to know is that my kids are around until I'm gone and the services will be theirs to plan.  I would like to have a Celebration of Life type service and not a funeral with a preaching service. They have picked out Bobby's casket, made the arrangements and even chosen the headstone.  I'll leave all that to my family. I want to be cremated.

Maybe I'm strange. ...let's face it..I am strange. :)

Now I have to get ready to fix lunch...More later...

What a mess fixing lunch was today. I got the white sauce finished and got ready to add the chicken and discovered that I had bought "Chicken of the Sea" for boned chicken. That's tuna. I was also short on milk. So I ran down to the Dollar General store and bought a large can of boned chicken after putting the tuna in a jar and in the frig. Then since I was short on milk too, I stopped next door  to Braums and bought milk too. When I got back, I finished the casserole and fixed the broccoli.  What a mess. Bob did bring coleslaw and also a Razzleberry pie that he found in Wal Mart. He baked it and brought it and it was very good. We will have plenty for the rest of the week. If the weather turns bad, we will stay home for Thanksgiving and go to "Just Us" for that meal. It's supposed to rain on Wednesday and we will go to Branson in the rain.

Now he is checking his e-mail and I am fixing my blog.

I will take Missy out this afternoon since it is nice out now.  She will be happy. She will hate winter when she can't go outside.

I asked Miss Kitty if she wanted to go out  but she didn't budge. Silly cat! This is her best chance.

She just lays there in the recliner (which she thinks is hers) and ignores me.



5 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Your sermons are always so interesting, Margie and I am sure the upcoming one will be the same! :)

Galla Creek said...

Oh my, i would have felt strange talking about his service with Bobby sitting there.
I nearly always agree with you so I guess I am weird, too!

Margie's Musings said...

I know, Sister-Three. It really made me uncomfortable.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Deb. This one is a little different. I hope you can cut me some slack.

Anonymous said...

I am def weird. That is tacky! That is just plain wrong