Saturday, February 6, 2016

Saturday and Breakfast Out

Bob will be by about 7:20 to pick me up for breakfast at Sirloin Stockade. After that we will both go home until 9:15. We want to walk the mall in Bartlesville and eat at McCalister's there. I also want to go to the Merle Norman store and buy makeup and mascara.

Glen Perkins, an old friend from the church's webpage died yesterday. He had a guitar shop in Springfield Missouri for years. He and his wife, Kathy, moved to Florida after he retired.  Last fall he was diagnosed with 4th stage cancer. He was a musician and had a fine country voice. As a gift to his friends, he recorded a new CD last fall, while he still could. Then he sold them at $15.00 each and I bought one. The case was broken in shipment but the CD was fine. I told him about the broken case so he could pack others in a padded package. He sent me an autographed one as a gift. I play it almost every day. He wrote his own music. Before he died, while he still could, he wrote a song called "To Tell You Now". Someone posted a video of the CD on facebook and if you want to hear it you will find it here on U-Tube  https://youtu.be/NjjQb-Xjvkw.

I don't know how to bring it here.

We had our breakfast and are now getting ready to leave for Bartlesville for the morning. We will have lunch and then come back to Coffeyville.

More even later....

We walked the mall. Then I bought a pair of black slacks at Christopher and Banks and  a white top at Penney's. Then we had our lunch at McCalister's. After that, we came home and I took Bob to his home. He will come over later to church his bank account on his computer. 

Bob came a little after 5:00 and we watched what news there was. There was nothing else worth watching after that and he went home early.  I then took my bath and Missy and I watched  Forensic Files until 9:00  and then we went to bed.

No comments: