Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Tuesday and Hairdo Day

I did not sleep all that well last night. I awoke at 3:00 AM and really never did get back to sleep. Finally after 4:00 AM I just got up.

In a few hours I will pick Bob up to go to Independence to get my hair done and also kill some time  looking around in the shops and at their Walmart before going to Big Cheese for our mini pizza.

Marilyn L called last night to invite Bob and me to lunch/dinner tomorrow. That is good of her. We will enjoy that. When I go to Ministerial Alliance on Thursday Bob will be on his own for lunch.  He has chili in his freezer that he can eat. Then Friday we will eat our hamburger pie again. We still have Bob's jello salad too and our pudding and cookies.

These are the windows in the bedroom of my younger son's new home. The house is coming right along.



Busy, busy, busy!


More later....

We went to Walmart in Independence and I bought some Dryel to dry clean my knit tops in the dryer. If you haven't tried that, you should. It keeps your knit tops from shrinking like they do when you wash and dry them. I have used it for years.  The initial kit comes with a large reusable cloth zipper bag. After that first time, you just buy the cleaning cloth refills. The refill includes a spray bottle of cleaner that I just spray on my underarm areas on each top, Then it has eight of those cleaner soaked cloths that you throw into the bag with the five or six tops and then you zip it up and throw it in the dryer for 15 minutes on medium heat.

Immediately hang everything on hangers and hang them up before they wrinkle.  A refill costs $9.95 and includes eight bag load treatments that will do five or six tops in each bag load.  I do my tops every winter to freshen them up. If I get a stain on any of them or even on a tablecloth, I use the spray and rub the spot with a white cloth. That takes out the stain. It's wonderful and it's cheap.

More even later...

Bob came over at 5:20 and stayed until 7:00. Missy and I stayed up to watch two shows on PBS including the American Experience, which is my favorite program. This program was about the assassination of President Garfield. I hadn't realized that much about him.

I went to bed shortly after 10:00.

No comments: