Thursday, April 21, 2016

Thursday and a Trip to Chanute to see Gay

I will leave shortly before 9:00 to get gas at Woodshed and then leave for Chanute. I will stop at Cherryvale and pick up the flea treatment for their dogs at the vet's office there. I'll get to Chanute early but I want to walk around their downtown before I go out to Tony and Gay's house.

I didn't take the time to read the papers last night. I was just too tired. I read them this morning. Bob is coming over at 7:30 to read them before I leave.

Some things disturbed me last night and I did not sleep well. Finally I got up and e-mailed  Paul, the  secretary of PINCH. We are not getting enough visibility as an organization. I think, as secretary of the organization, he should send a story off to all the three newspapers in the county so people will know we are viable. I e-mailed him last night and asked him to do that. Instead of growing, the organization seems to be dwindling.  Judy talked to Howard, who is one of the founders of the organization and is in California, and she said he thought I should talk to the fire chief, Mr. Grimmet, and ask him what sort of issues the minority community might have in the community. He is in touch with them and could probably tell us if anything is upsetting them.  I haven't heard anything from the minority community. We are an advocacy organization and I don't believe we should be stirring up complaints.

Needless to say, all this upset me enough that it kept me awake a good deal of the night.

More later....

I left about 9:00 for Chanute. I had a great visit with Gay and Tony and their three dogs. They also gave me a tour of their gardens. Tony loves to garden. Gay fixed a nice lunch and I stayed until 1:30 or so and visited. Her mother finally came in for lunch. Imogene is 97 years old and has some dementia.  I have known her since Gay was 14 though and we have a lot of shared history. Gay is 77 now.

I had a nice drive back, I did stop at their Walmart and buy a black ink cartridge and use their restroom. My printer ran out of black ink last evening. It's 3:00 now and I am just catching up on the news.

More later...

I rested the rested of the afternoon and read my Kindle. Bob came over to watch the news and after he left  I took my bath and Missy and I watched TV until 8:45 when we went to bed.

No comments: