Monday, May 2, 2016

Monday and Some Cleaning Before Exercise Class

Today after I get Missy fed and watered, I will watch the weather and then begin cleaning the bathroom and kitchen. After exercise class, and after Jeannie has a chance to wake up and get up, I will vacuum the living room and dining room. I have decided to clean just one or two rooms each day. That way, perhaps my thumb joint will not swell up and get sore. My new vacuum sweeper is not self propelled and vacuuming the entire apartment seems to make my right thumb  swell and get very sore. That worked last week so I will try it again this week. Whatever helps.

I slept well last night after all the excitement of the fire at Bob's building. I'm surprised. I figured I would not be able to get to sleep but I was wrong. It had been a big day. I was tired and I slept well.

Missy is waiting for her breakfast so I will get back to this later.

More later...

Missy and I both have had our breakfast and I have had my cup of coffee and will fix my chai next. She wants to go out but it's still dark and we don't go out in the dark. It's also chilly out there. She will just have to wait until later in the day.

By the way, I heard from my son last weekend and he was given a clean bill of health about his skin...no cancer..thank God! Both my sons were great swimmers and divers and outdoors men so I would not have been surprised if he had had some sort of skin cancer. They are not fair skinned like their dad though so that may make the difference.

More later....

We had our exercises and afterward I fixed the hamburger pie. It was good. I sent a piece home with Bob and another one over to Marilyn R.  We will have our regular pizza tomorrow in Independence. I got my cake baked and some cupcakes too.  After they cool I will ice them.

Bob went home to take a nap and I watered my plants and took Missy out for awhile. It is a little chilly out there but she ate some grass and I know that's good for her. She is here on the daybed behind me now...evidently enjoying the company.

More even later...

Bob came back over for the news. There was really nothing on TV so he went home.  Then I took my bath and put my PJs on to try to find something interesting to watch until 9:00. I was scanning channels and found a documentary on a movie channel about the experiences of the German filmmakers who had to come to the USA to escape the Nazis just before World War II.  It was very interesting so I texted Bob about it.  I had never heard their story. After that was finished, Missy and I went on to bed.


No comments: