Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday at Last

It rained last night and this morning is cooler, thank goodness. It will probably be steamy today though.

I have set the table for lunch and fed both myself and Missy.  I just had to go fetch her from the east side of the apartment. She sneaked off while I was posting.  Darn cat! I put her inside to eat and drink a bit but she is back outside now.

I slept pretty well last night. I still have that hacking cough but I only take the cough syrup at night so I guess I have to expect it.  I got up shortly before 5:00.  I probably won't go back to exercise class until the cough clears up. I know how annoying it is to me to have someone coughing near me. That's how I got this crud at Conference initially.

I don't have a plan for today. I intend to have chicken tenders, boiled potatoes and a veggie for lunch. Bob will bring a salad. I still have cherry pie cake dessert too.

I filled the bird feeder again. It looks like the wind last night dumped what was in it from yesterday on the ground.  The squirrels will eat that if the birds don't.

Not a lot going on this morning. I watered the flowers in the pots. They set under the eaves and probably did not get watered from the rain. I also watered the tomato plant again. I had set it under the eaves on the east side to get it out of the boiling sun yesterday afternoon.   The flowers in the flower beds were watered by the rain last night.

I texted Bob a while ago. He had slept until 6:00 and was barely around and not dressed  yet.
He will take his car in to Toyota for an oil change  at 4:00 today.  He had a warning light of some kind concerning his oil levels and they want to monitor it to see if it has a problem. He took it in yesterday but they couldn't tell a lot about it until they monitor it. This appointment was a cancellation they had or it would have been next week before they could get him in. The warranty is over in October.

More later....

We had our chicken tenders for lunch and the rest of the meal was good too. After lunch Bob went home to take  his nap and I read all afternoon.

He came back about 5:30. He had just come in from Independence and had not eaten.  Luckily, I still had my sweet and sour chicken from Tuesday and I fixed it for him. He had some of the cherry pie cake dessert  afterward. he left about 7:00 and I took my bath and washed my hair. Missy and I sat in the recline until I was ready to go to bed. I will take some more cough medicine before I go to bed.

 

No comments: