Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tuesday and Hairdo Day

Thank goodness I am getting my hair done today. It looks terrible. Afterward I will have Bob drop me off at Juanita's and I will balance her checkbook and visit awhile. Then Bob and I will go to lunch. I also want to get Leslie's birthday card and gift. We will go to Sayers. They have a lot of neat gifts.

I slept well last night after I finally quit coughing and got to sleep. I awoke coughing again though. I got myself and Missy around and came out on the carport at 5:45. She is so delighted that she's being good and staying around. Right now she's lying on my doormat. For some reason, she likes that.

I will pick up Bob at 8:00. We will have to take the rough detour again. I don't know when they are going to have that road fixed. It's aggravating! When we get finished at Juanita's we will go to Great China and eat lunch. I need to get stamps while I'm up there too. There are several birthdays in July..beginning with my daughter and Johnna on the 1st and the 3rd. I send out birthday cards for the congregation.

I had the rest of Bob's pumpkin bread for my breakfast. It was just a small piece but I needed something on my stomach to take my meds.

I have been reading the third volume of my church's church history. I bought that at the Conference. The church historian is a friend of mine and he signed it for me. It covers from the 1940's to 2015. I also have three other books going but I'll get back to them later. 

More later...

We went to Independence and I learned it was time for my haircut and color. After that was finished I went over to Juanita's and balanced her checkbook.  Then I picked up Bob and we went to Great China and had lunch.

When I got home I went to Dollar General and looked for Missy's treats. They have quit carrying them. So I went to Family Dollar and found some. I also bought paper towels and kleenex.

Then after that I spent the rest of the afternoon putting together five more church directories. I will ask Karan to sew them together.  She has a sewing machine.

Bob is here now watching the news. When he leaves I will take my bath and see if Missy wants to sit on my lap tonight before bedtime.

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Oh that lunch at the Great China is something I wish I was having right now :) Enjoy your day! Hot and muggy here today.

Margie's Musings said...

Here too, Deb. It's 95 degrees here in Coffeyville.