Friday, August 12, 2016

Friday and Maybe a Trip to Joplin

Bob and I discussed going to Joplin today but then the weather forecast has changed. This is Kansas after all. Now  we have a 60% chance of rain. I texted him earlier and he wants to think about it before making a decision about going. I understand. The last time we went to Joplin, it poured down rain.

I slept fairly well last night. I awoke a little before 4:00 and never really got back to sleep.  I got up shortly before 5:00.

Missy has been a pill this morning. She is determined to roam. I may have to take her into the apartment. I have had to get up twice to chase her down and make her come back. Once, I had to carry her back over here.

It is hot and muggy this morning without a trace of a breeze.

Leslie just called to confirm the dates for our trip to Florida in September. They have also reserved a room in a motel so we can stay overnight at Birmingham, Alabama, halfway there.

More later....

About 8:00 Missy was ready to come back in the apartment. It's just too muggy out there for both of us.

More even later...

Bob and I went to Joplin and ate at Olive Garden today. On our way back to Coffeyville, it poured down rain. When we got with 10 miles of Coffeyville, there was no rain at all. And we really needed it.

Bob came back over at 5:30 and watched the news until 7:00. We watched PBS to catch Brooks and one other man from the Washington Post comment on the progress of the election.

At 9:00, Missy and I went to bed. I was exhausted. 

No comments: