Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sunday and Church

I slept pretty well last night. My right shoulder rotater cuff has been hurting where I lay on my right shoulder.  And my back is still a little stiff from pulling the muscles yesterday. My mileage is beginning to show.  I really suppose I need a new mattress but the budget won't allow it. I still need to get my personal property taxes and car registration paid before the end of the month.

Scott texted me last night. He was curious about my income and my budget. I don't know what that was all about but it was good to hear from him.

Today Bob will be baking his pumpkin bread for the Church School class.  Melissa will preside and Sue will be the speaker. After church, some of us will drive over to Cherryvale to have lunch at "Just Us". That's a very good buffet.

I will need to go to the kitchen and get Missy's treats and her bowl filled again. I also need to eat a small bowl of cereal and drink my cranberry juice. Maybe by then, it will be daylight and Missy and I can go out on the carport.

So, more later....

Missy and I have both had our breakfasts and she waited, although not patiently, for it to get light outside.  I took a couple of Aleve for the aches and pains. 

We've been out on the carport since shortly after 6:00 and it's almost 7:30 now.Missy has tried to wander off once and I went and picked her up and brought her back home. Sher hates to be picked up and hisses and spits at me when I do that. But she also knows if that happens again, we will go in the apartment.  So now she's lying at my feet on her little white mat.

I hung a hummingbird feeder here in the front so I could watch them. I have one over my kitchen window and one on the patio but I seldom sit out there.  I hope they will find this one. I like to watch them feed.

More even later....

Church went well. Afterward the three of us went over to "Just Us" In Cherryvale.  Phyllis had gone to Kansas City to see her daughter and grandchildren. Becky wasn't at church. Bob drove this week.

Tomorrow I am having Karan and Marilyn R. over for lunch with Bob and me. We will have meatloaf, boiled potatoes, Bob will bring salad and Marilyn is bringing baked beans. Karan is bringing dessert.   It's a cooperative event.

This afternoon I read and finished the book Gay sent home with me.

This evening, Bob came over about 5:00 to watch the news and we ate the rest of that watermelon Karan gave us last week. Bob left at 7:00 and I took my bath and Missy and I went to bed about 7:00.


No comments: