Saturday, February 18, 2017

Saturday and Breakfast Out

I slept well last night. I went to bed at 8:30. There was nothing...really nothing... to watch on TV. TV is getting more and more impossible anymore. And with my internet which is $30. a month, it costs me $82.03 per month. They are evidently targeting the mostly ignorant Millennials who think with their emotions instead of their brains.  I know. I have some Millennial grandchildren and those that qualify do think with their emotions.

Anyhow...I finally just went to bed. It was impossible. I would watch the History channel but it's no longer history....just foolishness. The same is true with the National Geographic channel.  Sometimes there is just nothing worth watching. Then I just go to bed.

This morning I will pick up Bob for breakfast. Afterward I will take him to his home and come home to vacuum the apartment. I never did get that done yesterday. I may bake those pork chops I thawed for a late lunch. I could also do some baked potatoes in the microwave. Add a veggie and Bob's salad and we would have a late lunch.

Well, we went to breakfast and then I came home to vacuum the carpets and clean the floor mats in my car. That turned out well. That regular car mat cleaner really works! I had tried the carpet cleaner for the house but it didn't do much.  

More later....

This is the playhouse Cheyenne asked for for her birthday. John, my son-in-law worked all weekend to get it finished in time for her birthday. She is opening my gift there. It's a Strawberry Shortcake doll. They are so old collectables from the 80's. Hallmark is carrying them again.

Bob came over this afternoon and did a load of laundry. I was working on a sermon for March 26th. I hope to be better prepared for that one. It's a ways off so perhaps I will have some more thoughts to offer by then.

More even later...

I went over to the Country Time Antique Mall this afternoon and found two nice large crockery containers for Leslie's flowers this summer. I texted  her about them since they were only $35.00 apiece and she wanted them. So I bought them. She will pay me at church today.  She says they are usually $75.00 each. So, they are a bargain.

When I got home at 5:00 PM, Bob came over and stayed an hour or so. After he left, I took my shower and Missy and I lay on the sofa until bedtime. I found an old movie to watch and stayed up until 9:30 and watched it.  I went to bed at 9:30.

No comments: